Success Cases

well done @Detlef

UPDATE I made a separate post on the application of this case I have on hand, but is not a “Success Case” as yet

Another seller delivers no fan ver. for almost $4 less, at the moment (The top window bezel is arched.) (This one delivers a no fan version for $4.53 total)
I tried to visualize what could fit into these surplus? cases, from the perspective photos. The lands beside the raised window look like they would protect encoder knobs. Box is 90mm70mm65mm (might hack 8mm off the left side of the LCD panel)

I suppose a low profile case ($4.87) with an actual 3.5" LCD mount could be used with a USB audio interface Zynthian .

I’ve put together Pi3B zynths with this sort of touchscreen but I’m fairly sure that nobody has managed it with a Pi4. Unless someone know better.

Good for toasting imho

I’m interested in minimal Zynthian implementations, for which there is probably a niche, a Pi 3+a which sacrifices connectors and ram to reduce the price by $10 might be a match for a small package (oddly, as I’m typing this I am listening to an interview that just mentioned Moog’s resistance to creating a more limited mini)

10 Likes

I’m impressed :heart_eyes:
Well done @rozhok

There’s a second (earlier) video of him playing another tune. (note the important reflective white gloves)

A simple low budget, less magical How-To example using 6 laser pointers & photosensors for 6 notes 10 - 5mw Red 5V lasers totaling $3.03 (20 $4.67)
(It’s a dim, low tech approach , need aligned receiver bank, in ceiling, no need for white gloves or sensitive detector.)
One could use 6 Green 50mw for a total of $28.76 (or $26.21) exceeds consumer safety limits, could be a customs issue?

An experiment using a slow motorized deflector (in place of a Galvanometer used in laser light shows, etc.) He added a sonar rangefinder to change octaves with beam length change.

(Don’t forget the smoke generator)

Hi, I have put a more powerful 1 watt laser module into the laser harp. Now there is a better sensitivity to a height of 2 meters. I can not implement switching sounds from the pedal.

Rather, the pedal comes from Arduino and responds to General Midi sounds, but not to switching Zynthian sounds, I don’t know how to implement it yet.

I was looking at disco laser light boxes that might be easier to hack than building the harp from scratch, some read programmed images from an SD card:
3 colors totaling 1000mw, DMX $149
A gamble purchase, but might just have to tap in to deflector position signal. (changing colors of playing notes wold be impressive)

1 Like

I’m finalizing my build. Pretty happy with the outcome. Sheet metal is from old computer case. Sides are from oak wood.

Also here’s my first jam with Zynth. All sounds are from Zynth excluding raw guitar.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1W3ZdyiJkTCWNNV94UKrmoqwbMFS0ykfD?usp=sharing

Forgive my crappy guitar playing :’( but I hope hungry :face_with_monocle: has its stomach full now :smiley:

7 Likes

So my second Zynthian is finally done.

I was not going to build another Zynthian I just bought a second hand midi keyboard.

It worked fine but what if I could fit a Rasperry pi in there, and maybe a powerbank for some portable Zynthian action? Turns out that I could. But I also learned that a Zynthian without screen and encoders are no fun. But that would not fit so maybe if I could make a bigger case and make a proper self containing battery powered Zynthian, with wooden sides. Oh yes wooden sides 70s style. Well it turns out building things always takes a lot longer than expected but finally it’s ready.

To the left of the midi jacks are the on off switch for battery power.

The keyboard is connected to the Raspberry with USB as you can se here.

I know that it is custom to share som audio from your Zynthian so I recorded some live sequencing and put on Youtube, I didn’t go exactly as planned but anyway here it is.

23 Likes

Congratulations. It’s a beautiful case for the Zynthian and it pays tribute to it.

1 Like

Looks Rad! How did you do the panel?

1 Like

The Best Integration job I have seen.

3 Likes

Really nice case. Reminds me of the styling of the Minisonic 2 for those that really go back to the dark ages …!

1 Like

Well done :+1:

2 Likes

@MrD That is beautiful. I am envious. Just like what I started out wanting. Please give us some detail on the build process. You have done a lovely job and your demonstration video is nice too.

2 Likes

Nice build! Just a quick question, how do you manage the controls for each layer? My guess is that you have snapshots with the midi mappings done in advance and change the keyboard midi channel for that.

2 Likes