Success Cases

Wow.

Amazing!

2 Likes

I know what you mean. Pretty much the first thing I want to do after building something is rebuild it in light of what I’ve learned about layout from the first version !

now, it would appear you have a functioning zynth… . .

You know, of course, this means but one thing . . .
:face_with_monocle:

I prefer the look of the inside :grin:

1 Like

congrats ! that’s impressing
How did you manage to get midi notes from the mechanical piano ?

It is a fake piano. I suppose some midi controller in a vertical piano “enclosure”.
A fantastic idea indeed.

Yes I’m already thinking of building another one :slight_smile:

Yes it’s fake. It’s a Casio cdp-130 that I bought to learn how to play. I realized that if I would ever learn how to play I would have to come up with a solution where I could have it ready to play all the time but in a way that my wife would accept. So I built a keyboard-enclosure that looks like a piano.

1 Like

Even in the train ? :rofl:
But yes, zynthian is almost plug and play. No need of external computer.

The first word that came to my mind was… pocket size…
It’s amazing how smd technology make us dive in a world of miniatures…

We are ready to face the announcement from Genetic Control whose “sad duty” is to inform us " of a 4foot restriction on humanoid height"…

1 Like

Was it the town of Harlow?

Yes, Mary, and they agreed to leave…

@MrD

Hello David…
I have been ordering a PCB recently, for a small module… I ordered 3 différents ones, from PCBWAY…
1 is the PCB itself, where the components are all mounted…
1 is the front side, with no copper route, only the serigraphy with text and symbols…
1 is the back side, also with only symbols and text…
The plates will be black with white serigraphy…
As my module is small and simple, it costs me 5$ per plate…
Knowing that your plate would be bigger ( more than 10X10cm) and with a rectangle opening, it would cost 30 or so… ( but you would have 10 of them !!)
I guess the finish will be rather glossy, not matt… maybe you would like, maybe not…

I guess I like your drawbar visualisation… what display did you use ? A 20X4 ?
Because you placed it close to the Zynthian screen, I would have chosen a white on blue… or maybe you can change Zynthian’s screen colors to fit the colors of your display…

Have a nice day…
Thierry

interesting idea for diy…

It will not surprise you that I’ve been looking at that …!

1 Like

it does not surprise me… “to infinity and beyond!” :yum:

I had a blue 16X2 display that I was going to use but it didn’t work out, it was a little bit to small for the visualisation so I bought the cheapest 20X4 I could find and it was green. But yes the color scheme doesn’t really match.

@MrD Yes, I uinderstand… But maybe you can ask a blue one for Xmas ??
(Changing the color scheme of Zynthian is possible, but that would maybe be a shame… they are nice…)…

Low-effort zynth. Just a pi and a touch screen, using hdmi audio.

7 Likes

Please, share the HDMI Audio configuration. I would like to add it to the list :wink:
BTW, what about the latency?

Pffffff… how dare you be so lazy and greedy !!

Well… I’m even more lazy than you in fact, as my Zynthian is still waitin for me to assembly the different boards…
Maybe I should follow you…

2 Likes