Testing the next release: Staging-2104

It’s the same. The Zynthian UI has a slightly different name for this option that i’ve already changed for fitting the more clever webconf text.

1 Like

Thank you so much ! It works for Obxd and TAL plugins, but other LV2 plugins do not show up yet, like CALF, JX-10, Dexed etc plugins … Maybe it is not implemented yet? Or I’m not doing what’s necessary to make it done?

Not all LV2 plugins have a GUI (JX-10), and some of them have it, but’s it’s not available/built on zynthian (CALF).

Dexed is a special case, because the official version have a very nice GUI, but we are using the native LV2 version ported by @C0d3man, that has not a native GUI. Perhaps @C0d3man could tell us how difficult will be porting the GUI.

Regards,

It’s solved on testing now:

Enjoy!

1 Like

Thank you for the quick reply !
I know some plugins don’t have a GUI, but I think before updating I could see them (only settings) on vnc. maybe I was dreaming!
For dexed Gui, it’s fine with me, the engine is too complicated, I just use presets, and I just make a few tweaks.

Just reflashed my box with the latest 2104 image and routing stays enabled when the system reboots. And I can confirm that the clock problem is solved too (testing branch).
I really appreciate your dedication and quick response to these kind of problems. Zynthian not only rocks, it technoes, ambients, houses… as well.

3 Likes

@Tabula is right that there is changed behaviour in 2104. If a LV2 plugin does not have a working bespoke GUI then nothing is shown in noVNC viewer. This is a design choice on the basis that a list of controls in the generic jalv.gtk interface is as useful as the list in Zynthian UI. I appreciate this may be controversial but hope we can encourage plugin writers to create GUIs. This decision also simplified solving an issue with plugins failing under some conditions.

Okay ! thank you @riban , it’s more understandable now !

@riban Regarding the gui which does not show for all plugins, it would be interesting to be able to access the settings anyway because currently it’s the only way to save presets (with vnc) !

1 Like

@riban, perhaps we should re-enable the jalv self-generated gui, so there is a way for saving presets.

Also, we should make a list of plugins that have a native GUI and it’s not working on zynthian, so we can work on fixing it.

BTW, what about the dexed’s GUI, @C0d3man? How difficult is porting the native GUI from the official version to your LV2 -native version? I suspect is not a tiny task that can be done in 2 hours, but probably it’s not a technically difficult task either. It would more like a long and tedious task, right?

Regards,

We can enable the jalv.gtk generic UI but need to ensure there aren’t any that break. I am pretty sure there were some plugins that failed which would need to be added to a deny list. This might offer a short term fix. It would be beneficial to add the ability within the UI to save presets without the need to access a GUI.

2 Likes

I agree. Saving presets from the UI is something that we should implement. We are really close to that now, at less on LV2 engines :wink:

Regards.

3 Likes

I know it is not the best way to save presets but this is the only we have.
Maybe we have to put back jalv.gtk, (even if it’s not very efficient) until we can do it manually with ui.
@riban if you think it’s too risky, perhaps we have to wait !

Currently, my solution is to save snapshots, then I look at the settings via webconf, I make a screenshot, then I open the plugin via modui, I copy the settings and finally I save the presets :sweat:

Hi @jofemodo

Sorry, I have no idea. I am the wrong for nice GUIs :laughing: (I am more the one for core programming… let’s say: my design skills are limited).

I added the modui from @popololo46 on December, 26th. So there is a nice GUI available… do we need another one?

Regards, Holger

LV2 GUI is quite independent of the LV2 engine. I suppose the harder part is adjusting the parameter range and scale.

It would be nice to have the native GUI accesible from the VNC viewer.

Cheers!

Ahhh yes - I understand.

This is a bigger problem, because I have thrown away all GUI code and used only the engine.

Maybe it would be easier to use the main code and exchange VST code against LV2. Dexed is based on JUCE. This is really hard work… and it is also not compatible towards the main Dexed code. I already have two incompatible forks and I do not need another one :grin:.

Some years ago there was an announcement for LV2 compatibility for JUCE… but AFAIK it is not implemented yet.

Regards, Holger

1 Like