The Bear_Sax soundfont .. starting to work with the EWI

Here’s the part of Chicago’s 25 or 6 to 4 I know how to play. I’m going to need to practice to get the rest of it. After I disabled the Pitch Blend Up CC on the EWI I was able to play his with a MIDI backup playing in the background from Rosegarden with a rtmidid connection to the Zynthian.
I have the EWI on channel 1, Bear_Sax soundfont was exported with Polyphone to SF2. I am going to do me best to convert it to SFZ and add all the breath modulation patches.

If you get an EWI you need to disable the Pitch Blend Up CC. wow… it’s chatty. even when not playing if you view the Zynthian Midi Logs there’s a constant stream…

1 Like

Hi @Jerryn ,

maybe you help this page about sysex syntax for setting of AKAI USB EWI.

Thanks!

Hi Jerryn.
I don’t know if you’re using FluidSynth for these SF2 files, but FLuidSynth has a “setbreathmode” command that can be used to avoid having to add the CC2 modulation patches (which can be a lot of work if you have many presets). I don’t know how you would use it from within Zynthian however…

Gonzo

1 Like

Hi @gonzoB,
the information about breathmode is new for me. Thanks for sharing.

For others ewi players, details are in https://github.com/FluidSynth/fluidsynth/raw/master/doc/polymono/FluidPolyMono-0004.pdf