TouchOSC bridge and wifi hotspot

Hi

I use touchosc with my zynthian on my home network. And it works (almost perfectly).
But I would prefer to use the Zynthian hotspot, but once activated I can not activate touchosc bridge ???
Did I miss something?
thk

2 Likes

I never tried this combination, but i don’t see a reason for not working, giving that you use the right IP for zynthian…

Yes, Touch OSC is well configured with the Zynthian’s IP.
But the strangest thing is that it becomes impossible to activate the touchosc bridge in hotspot mode …
I wanted to avoid taking an extra router for lives.

Hi,
I test hospot on Zynthian headless configuration.

1. It works well on MacOS and iOS.

The only problem is that the hotspot name and password is still zynthian/raspberry, even if I have change the hostname and password. It’s ok if you just have one zynthian device, but it’s not convenient when there’s several zynthian in the same room.
Is it possible to change the hotspot name and password ?

1. It doesn’t work on Android. And maybe that’s your problem with Touch OSC.

That’s not related to zynthianOS, but to how android managed wifi networks : it seems impossible out of the box to have a stable wifi connection when the hotspot have no access to the Internet.

I’ve try to uncheck the “Auto Network Switch” in the advance wifi option, and the « automatic connection » in the other wifi network, but it don’t make the job.

Does anyone have an idea to fix that in android ?

Ok, I update my Android phone, reboot and now it’s working.

1 Like