Updates to Zynthian Factory SFZs - help me fix anything that's wrong

I’m in the process of updating Zynthian Factory SFZs:

  • fixing bugs like latency and inconsistent samples
  • converting from WAV to FLAC

To try it, update and then use Webconf to install this package:

Zynthian Factory Github SFZs (NEW)

NOTE: FIRST you have to uninstall the original “Zynthian Factory SFZs” package. If you forget, it’ll quickly fail silently.

So far the only fix was latency in DeepBass. There’s also latency in AcousBass, which I plan to fix. I noticed these other issues:

  • round-robin samples in Bass/GretchBass are inconsistent
  • rattles in Bass/FenderPick2 (don’t recall if fixable)
  • Drum Machines/XE8 - some samples are no-loop but should be one-shot (they stop when I lift the key.)
  • Ethnic/Mixmars - latency?
  • Organs/Harmonica - latency
  • Guitars/Strat2 - out of tune?

Are there any other issues you’ve noticed with these instruments? Please LMK. My goal is to make all these useful (or delete them.)

Also, please give the new package a try & LMK if there are any issues.

1 Like

Perhaps a bit too much to ask, but normalizing the volume (loudness) of the different instruments so they are more equal to the synths would be very useful.

1 Like

Yeah, I hope to do that too. The trick is figuring out what standard should be!

I see I can use X42 compressor to see RMS levels in VNC. Is there a better way anyone knows of?

1 Like