UR22 mkII

Hello, now I use an audio device “UR 22 mk II” with my Zynthian (which was in a closet and which I no longer used) instead of the ZynADAC.

In the default configuration it is specified:

-P 70 -t 2000 -s -d alsa -d hw:UR22 -r 44100 -p 256 -n 2 -X raw

This configuration does not work.

If I connect to the OS and run the aplay command I get:

root@zynthian:~# aplay -l

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****

card 1: b1 [bcm2835 HDMI 1], device 0: bcm2835 HDMI 1 [bcm2835 HDMI 1]

Subdevices: 4/4

Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Subdevice #1: subdevice #1

Subdevice #2: subdevice #2

Subdevice #3: subdevice #3

card 2: Headphones [bcm2835 Headphones], device 0: bcm2835 Headphones [bcm2835 Headphones]

Subdevices: 4/4

Subdevice #1: subdevice #1

Subdevice #2: subdevice #2

Subdevice #3: subdevice #3

card 3: UR22mkII [Steinberg UR22mkII], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]

Subdevices: 1/1

So obviously hw:UR22 should be replaced by hw:UR22mkII.

It seems simple for many, but the mehophite it will not necessarily be obvious :slight_smile:

So can you fix this in the official iso image?

Best regards.

@Maravelous77 @Harm @4tm you have all used UR22 devices. Are you able to confirm that the configuration described by @Melsiar works and how you managed to get your devices working if the old config was faulty?

Cheers

I never did get the UR22 working, and this might be the fix. Also have a tascam us 2x2 that I can’t seem to get connected. Only ever got behringer uca222, and umc204 working with stock setting. But, now that I’ve read this I think I might be able to remedy that with info in aplay. Took a little break, and am about to attempt connecting the official zynscreen to my 2nd zynth, so I’ll give these other audio devices a new try

1 Like

Hello, just a comment in this process. The Steinberg UR22 board is different from the UR22-MKII board. In the Zynthian stable web interface, we talk about UR22-MKII and not the UR22 peripheral, that’s why I asked for a modification of the official image. The web interface would have offered “UR22” alone, I would not have intervened :wink:
With a little change, this may be able to solve the non-operation of Zynthian users with an “UR22” audio card.

I just tried this with my unit and here it only works if i use it with 48000 kHz samplerate for whatever reason.
I also changed the buffer to 512 because in Pianoteq i was getting a lot of clicks and this helped for that issue.

So my settings are looking like this.
-P 70 -t 2000 -s -d alsa -d hw:UR22mkii -r 48000 -p 512 -n 2 -X raw