Usb MIDI-IN on host

Hello all,

I looked around about midi input on host but didn’t find my answer yet.
Essentially I am currently driving my zynthian with a usb controller and it works fine because the controller has a B plug and the zynthian is USB-A acting as host.
But what if I want to output midi from my computer and send it to the zynthian. Then It’s USB-A into USB-A so: host to host talking together which is probably not the best thing to do.

Isn’t their a way to connect 2 USB hosts or switch one of the usb input of the zynthian as device and send midi data from computer to zynthian without resorting to midi 5 pin connectors?
Maybe I am formulating the question badly because I can’t even find some one asking this question on google. :wink:

For those asking why being cruel to yourself. This is essentially me trying to feed a sequencer output into my Zynthian.

Hi @cryoshad,

I was thinking about something similar.

http://compasflamenco.com/midi-c-3/midi-usbusb-p-4.html?language=en&zenid=X1hV2GtmiMeDV1XAJjYfy0

Perhaps this converter will do the magic. Select the language icon in the right top corner. I’ve found this in a quick research, I guess there will be others.

I wonder whether a standard usb a/a bridged cable will do the job as well (the one used to communicate computers), althoug I think a kind of software will be required to manage channels and other midi data.

Anyway the safe bet is using a usb to din midi cable converter.

Regards, Jose

1 Like

@smespresati

Thank you that is exactly what is needed, it’s sth which strangely doesn’t seem to belong to the standard music shop assortiment… Anyway thank you for showing me it existed. :wink:

Cheers

1 Like