ok now the post José has not been waiting for.
I have been working with the zynthian in the following configurations
The zynthian box is a pi3 with hifiberry card and a 5 inch touch screen that is it no encoders.
1) emu xboard 61 via usb into the zynthian.
2) Roland A800 pro midi out to midi to usb interface into zynthian
3) guitar with a gk3a hex pickup to Rolland GR20 midi out to usb midi interface into zynthian
Now I am not a programmer. I am a professional musician looking at using the Zynthian as a live performance tool that can be use on tour day in and day out and reliable. Not just a tool to use in the studio.
So I have notices a few things that need to be addressed for a stable reliable and usable synth/sampler
First the understanding that Zynthian is maschine with two sides one being a studio tool creating and manipulating sounds creating snapshots etc lets call it Patch Mode. and then the Performance side playing live and using the snapshots ( which I will now call preformace) that were created in the studio or at rehearsal .
So First we need a way to change between the these two sides so we can boot into either Patch mode or the Performance mode so when you are on tour you plug in turn on and choose the first your first performance and away you go.
So issues in Patch mode in no particular order. Note: all is done only by touch screen
1) screen navigation by touch screen is very confusing
2) how to create a Snapshot (preformance) is very confusing
3) saving presets in an engine is very confusing
4) inconsistent midi implementation when using a native engine all works as expected. but when using an engine in modui program changes midi control codes do not work as expected.
5) a master volume, so you can define the volume for each midi channel but need to be able to change the overall volume of the unit and still keep the dynamics.
6) latest version of LinuxSampler
7) may be the option that a plugin can listen to all midi channels (omi mode)
So Issues in Performance mode in no particular order. Note: all is done only by touch screen.
1) Grouping of performances in groups like sets or shows. This does not need to be done in the ui but could be via remote login from a computer.
2) having midi controls to modify performance specific controls as Master volume, Performance change.
3) showing on the screen the performance name the members of that performance and the master volume of that performance.
So in General I am very impressed the general design number of software synths that work. But, as a day to day grab and go performance tool it is not quite there yet. Think to your self you are on stage all you have is a Zynthian and a midi controller in the audience there are 2000 people waiting for (insert your name of favorite artist here I will use Prince) Prince to preform a 3 hr show will it work flawless tonight and ever show for the next year?