V2 kit in V4.1 case?

Hello,

I now use a v2 kit with waveshare 3.5 display and a RPi 4 in a 3d printed case.
When I want to use the v4.1 case, do I just need to replace the display with the new Zynscreen 1.5 display with the new buttons? Can I re-use the other components from the V2 kit? Including the flatcable?

Kind regards,

Remco

Your problems are more about Pi 4 form Pi 3 problems. The Sockets for the Pi have changed. USB & Ethernet has swapped places, we now have 2 micro HDMI’s instead of the original big single one and probably most significant your power supply connector is now Type C USB. So that’s your biggest change. Basically you’d have to get the dremmel out if you put a Pi3 in a v4.1 case.

Thanks for your respons,

I already have a Pi 4 in my current V2 setup. The current 3d printed case is also for RPi 4 as is the new Zynthian 4.1 case.

I know I need the Zynscreen 1.5 because off the 4 new buttons in the 4.1 case. But can I use the current v2 flatcable to connect my v2 Zynthian Basic Kit to the Zynscreen 1.5?

Gr. Remco

Should be ok. But I’ve not got any direct experience having not used a ZynScreen :smiley:
Personally I like my touch screen bigger but I’m an old man with a collection of lousy eyes !! . . .

… Mostly people’s who haven’t submitted :face_with_monocle:

A Phantom of the opera departure … !! :tophat: