No services in background.
It’s all managed by the zynthian UI.
I just make some adjustments and the issue should be fixed now, at least regarding the V5 LEDs.
Simply update and test.
Regards
No services in background.
It’s all managed by the zynthian UI.
I just make some adjustments and the issue should be fixed now, at least regarding the V5 LEDs.
Simply update and test.
Regards
I updated from the Zynthian UI, it seemed to complete and reboot itself. The problem persists, maybe more consistent now. When you select power off initially the screen and pad LEDs go dark, then the screen and pad LEDs come back on, Zynthian says it is saving snapshot, and displays Mr. Vangelis for a moment with “Shuting down”, the screen goes dark, leaving the pad LEDs on.
In my V5 it works like a charm. I can’t reproduce.
Could you copy/paste the UI logs from the webconf tool?
Regards
Below is what I get from Interface, UI Log in webconf, it doesn’t look like it will be useful. Did you want something beyond this from some saved file?
UI Log
Sep 18 15:30:35 zynthian startx[1138]: WARNING:zynseq.update_state: No launcher info for sequence (10,24)
Sep 18 15:30:35 zynthian startx[1138]: WARNING:zynseq.update_state: No launcher info for sequence (10,25)
Sep 18 15:30:35 zynthian startx[1138]: WARNING:zynseq.update_state: No launcher info for sequence (10,26)
Sep 18 15:30:35 zynthian startx[1138]: WARNING:zynseq.update_state: No launcher info for sequence (10,27)
Sep 18 15:30:35 zynthian startx[1138]: WARNING:zynseq.update_state: No launcher info for sequence (10,28)
Sep 18 15:30:35 zynthian startx[1138]: WARNING:zynseq.update_state: No launcher info for sequence (10,29)
Sep 18 15:30:35 zynthian startx[1138]: WARNING:zynseq.update_state: No launcher info for sequence (10,30)
Sep 18 15:30:35 zynthian startx[1138]: WARNING:zynseq.update_state: No launcher info for sequence (10,31)
Sep 18 15:30:35 zynthian startx[1138]: WARNING:zynseq.update_state: No launcher info for sequence (10,32)
Sep 18 15:30:36 zynthian startx[1138]: WARNING:zynthian_autoconnect.cb_jack_xrun: Jack Audio XRUN! =>count: 2, delay: 613.0us
I need to see the exit sequence.
Regards,
Hokay @jofemodo , the logs and details are in Pull Request 609:
Me and Claude both think that we found and fixed the problem. I tested it extensively (meaning 3 power off-on’s) on my RPi4-V5. It seems timing related, I’m wondering if the difference was Pi4 vs Pi5. This fix should eliminate the timing-race issue.
Wouldn’t it be nice to have the metronome led blink with the click?
This would be useful especially in silent mode, but also in the clicky modes.
At the moment it just blinks at a fixed rate, which could be distracting.
that would definitely be great, what about a feature request?
Indeed it is a desire but not a priority. A GitHub feature request already exists.
IMHO it’s useless. You can’t really sync using eyes. Our brain is too slow processing images and correlating to sound. Rhythm is strongly related to ears, not eyes
Make this experiment: take 2 skilled musicians in separated rooms and ask them to play something simple syncing to a blinking light or any “visual metronome” without any sound feedback. Then listen the mix from the mixer’s room. Test at different BPMs. Funny, right?
Anyway it’s a nice detail and It feels odd to not have it, so i will do ![]()
Cheers
But @jofemodo, doesn’t light travel faster than sound
? And what about conductors conducting an orchestra?
Hi @jawn !
But your brain take a lot more of time to process images than sound.
Also, the “rythm perception” is strongly related to audition. You dance with music, not with images.
It’s simple to test. You can make the experiment by yourself.
Try with different BPMs .
The best,
Hi @tunagenes !
I merged the patch, but removed the first part because i don’t think this is needed. I leave just the wsleds_base mod.
Tell me if this still works for you.
Thanks!
I see your point.
Confirmed - the LEDs turn off consistently with the patch applied partially. The window for not working has been made much smaller, and since it’s not really a big deal if once in a blue moon the LEDs stayed on - good enough. Thanks @jofemodo .
At least there would not be a distracting blink at different bpm. Another solution could be steady green for active metronome and steady orange while configuring the metronome, off for off. This could save some CPU as well.
We will make It to blink synced with tempo. It"s the more elegant and visually pleasant.
Hi,
Just wondering if you had a chance to try a PI4/3 pure encoder GPIO with HiFiberry ADC DAC Pro yet? I tried a couple working GPIO config’s with ORAM and then tried vangelis again but same issues. Zyncoder builds fine and initializes on start up but I see the red error indicator flash and the zyncoder module fails. I have 2 DYI Zynth’s so I guess I will leave one on ORAM with working knobs/switches and one with vangelis using VNC UI, everything appears to be working in vangelis with exception of physical knobs/switches. Right now it appears my Zynth’s are reaching end of life!
BUT, what a great run! I love this software and truly appreciate the work you guys have done to keep it open source.
Not as yet. The encoder based machine is performing other services at the moment. Its got a hifiberry amp on it which is similar hifiberry infrastructure.
Once ive moved onto its identical twin without the encoders ill zynthvit up and see how far it gets its a pi3. It will happen.
I didn’t think there was any other suggestion.