Vangelis (technology preview) progress

No. This is not how It works. But it’s clear It failed in your case. Let’s see if more people have the problem …

Regards

We’re two by now. But it’s not a really breaking error, I don’t think I even realized it if i hadn’t seen the update output.

and then there are three


Sep 12 20:16:19 zynthian zynthian_webconf.sh[1068]: lilv_world_load_file(): error: Error loading file `file:///zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/pitch_it_up_noise_rvb.ttl/manifest.>
Sep 12 20:16:19 zynthian zynthian_webconf.sh[1068]: lilv_world_load_bundle(): error: Error reading file:///zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/pitch_it_up_noise_rvb.ttl/manifest.ttl
Sep 12 20:16:19 zynthian zynthian_webconf.sh[1068]: error: failed to open file /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/high_pass_transition.ttl/manifest.ttl (Not a directory)
Sep 12 20:16:19 zynthian zynthian_webconf.sh[1068]: lilv_world_load_file(): error: Error loading file `file:///zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/high_pass_transition.ttl/manifest.t>
Sep 12 20:16:19 zynthian zynthian_webconf.sh[1068]: lilv_world_load_bundle(): error: Error reading file:///zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/high_pass_transition.ttl/manifest.ttl

OK! I think you are more than 3:

Let me see what can i do :wink:

2 Likes

Well, I think i found the problem and solve it.
Please, update and test. If you already tried to solve this by yourself, i’m not 100% sure of the result, because i had to make some assumptions about files and dirs. Anyway i tried to write the code as agnostic as possible, so probably things wont be worst after updating, and hopefully, the issues will be fixed.

Regards,

1 Like

Not sure where to continue: this or my own thread.:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

But the update did not bring the solution in my case.

mv: target '/zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/stutter_noise_rvb.ttl': Not a directory
error: failed to open file /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/pitch_it_up_noise_rvb.ttl/manifest.ttl (Not a directory)
lilv_world_load_file(): error: Error loading file `file:///zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/pitch_it_up_noise_rvb.ttl/manifest.ttl'
lilv_world_load_bundle(): error: Error reading file:///zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/pitch_it_up_noise_rvb.ttl/manifest.ttl

and

Regenerating engines DB: engines ...
error: failed to open file /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/pitch_it_up_noise_rvb.ttl/manifest.ttl (Not a directory)
lilv_world_load_file(): error: Error loading file `file:///zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/pitch_it_up_noise_rvb.ttl/manifest.ttl'
lilv_world_load_bundle(): error: Error reading file:///zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/pitch_it_up_noise_rvb.ttl/manifest.ttl
error: failed to open file /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/high_pass_transition.ttl/manifest.ttl (Not a directory)

etc.

What is the correct path to go, to avoid self inflicted problems? Burn a new SD card again with the 22 august Beta and then do the normal updates?

Try again! :wink:

There are less error messages now.:

Regenerating LV2 presets DB: https://butoba.net/homepage/mimid.html` … error: failed to open file /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/pitch_it_up_noise_rvb.ttl/manifest.ttl (Not a directory) `` lilv_world_load_file(): error: Error loading filefile:///zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/pitch_it_up_noise_rvb.ttl/manifest.ttl’ ``
lilv_world_load_bundle(): error: Error reading file:///zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/pitch_it_up_noise_rvb.ttl/manifest.ttl
error: failed to open file /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/high_pass_transition.ttl/manifest.ttl (Not a directory)

etc.

Update again!

Have you installed something manually?
Have you modified something?

I have manually reverted my fixes before doing the update. I think it worked.

(venv) root@hannes-zynthian:/zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets# ls -la
total 28
drwxrwxr-x 7 root     root     4096 Sep 13 18:20 .
drwxr-xr-x 4 root     root     4096 Sep 12 14:28 ..
drwxr-xr-x 2 root     root     4096 Sep 13 18:24 dexed-DCDCollection.lv2
drwxr-xr-x 2 root     root     4096 Sep 13 18:24 DrMr_Sampler_presets.lv2
drwxr-xr-x 2 root     root     4096 Sep 13 18:24 fabla_hydrogen_presets.lv2
drwxr-xr-x 2 zynthian zynthian 4096 Sep 13 18:24 Perfomix_Default.preset.lv2
drwxr-xr-x 2 root     root     4096 Sep 13 18:24 vaporizer2-presets.lv2
(venv) root@hannes-zynthian:/zynthian/zynthian-my-data/presets/lv2# ls -la
total 132
drwxr-xr-x 33 root root 4096 Sep 13 18:20 .
drwxr-xr-x  7 root root 4096 Jan 27  2026 ..
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 Osirus_Rom_C.lv2
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 Osirus_Rom_D.lv2
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 Osirus_Rom_E.lv2
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 Osirus_Rom_F.lv2
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 Osirus_Rom_G.lv2
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 Osirus_Rom_H.lv2
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_A.lv2
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_B.lv2
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_C.lv2
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_D.lv2
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_E.lv2
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_F.lv2
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_G.lv2
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_H.lv2
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_I.lv2
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_J.lv2
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_K.lv2
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_L.lv2
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_M.lv2
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_N.lv2
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_O.lv2
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_P.lv2
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_Q.lv2
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_R.lv2
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_S.lv2
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_T.lv2
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_U.lv2
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_V.lv2
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_W.lv2
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_X.lv2
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_Y.lv2
1 Like

This is the expected result.

No, I did not change anything. I only ran the updates.

As for now, I get no more error messages. Thanks :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: You could be famous (kinda)

Quite once in a while I get a Software error when turning off VNC and the UI restarts afterwards. It then also doesn’t load the previous state. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to reproduce the error right away and am not able to give any log output.

Did someone experienced that issue?

No. Only an error saving snapshot due to a tuple at the place of a key in the state object which needs to be JSON-serialized. Which I also cannot reproduce (no snapshot to do so). But I have code lying about which should provide more clues as to which frigging tuple is the culprit when it does happen.

With the latest Vangelis updates applied, when I shutdown V5-RPi4 Zynthian, the state of the Pad LEDs is unpredictable - sometimes they are left on until power is removed, sometimes they are turned off during the shutdown. No pattern that I can see about it.

I can second this behaviour, and add, that with some updates pad lights are going off, but with others, they still are on after shutting down. It’s only a little annoying, but in the end, from a user’s perspective, pad lights OFF = machine shut down - should be.

BTW, which process is switching them off? Is there a linux service in the background?

Regards

same her on custom rpi5 with apc40mk2.
Sorry for minimal info, but incapacitated by shoulder surgery

2 Likes

Ohh man! I hope you recover this shoulder ASAP!! Force!

1 Like