Video grab a zynth screen

Innocent young zynthesists gather in increasing crowds round the fettid and stained lower ramparts of the great north tower. They know their cause to be just. They tirelessly fight for their right to have a sequencer with a correctly orientated keyboard.
To that end they have grudgingly allied themselves with the feared minister of sequence, in an attempt to win his favour and do a bit of a video of sequence use.

Given these piteous hoards can only muster one lousy out of focus mini USB camera who’s trips in the past are best not examined. Suffice to say there is a bathroom outflow that is considerably clearer than it was as a result of those efforts. . . .

So can anyone suggest a nive gentle recorder to run on the zynth and also suggest a file format to go with?

2 Likes

Try this:

# apt-get install ffmpeg
# ffmpeg -f x11grab -s 480x320  -r 25 -i :0.0+0,0 out.mp4

Adapting the command to your display configuration.

OK! The :face_with_monocle:

with this sound track:

simply pulse audio play when you see i click “start recording” on the video :wink:

I’m pretty sure you can get ffmpeg to record audio+video at once, but i didn’t find the right command yet.

Enjoy!!

7 Likes

Excellent, thanks for sharing :+1:

[NFR] add a CUIA action for recording a Zynthian screen + audio session with one of the customizable S1-S4 button :wink:

Every time I read ffmpeg doc, I’m lost. It’s too powerfull !!!

interesting topic ! with a quick search this script may be a source of inspiration (untested) : https://github.com/ungleichklang/FFMPEG-Jack
maybe xwininfo is useless ?