Vital Synth by Matt Tytel

Obviously my version is not updated, but I am still hesitating to update manually.

I got an error which I did not see before, not sure if it is connected to my problem…

Executing /zynthian/zynthian-sys/scripts/recipes.update/update_preset2lv2.sh ...
fatal: unable to access 'https://gitlab.com/Jofemodo/preset2lv2.git/': The requested URL returned error: 503

It’s some kind of connectivity issue with gitlab, but it shouldn’t affect to the rest of update process, it it’s *only" with gitlab.

Regards,

Ok, I used apt to upgrade the package and it seems to work now. But I still do not know, why the update did not work.

Regarding Preset Distribution Terms

presetshare.com with some 526 presets, 118 for Vital, has a CC0 License:

All creations on PresetShare available under CC0 1.0 Universal license.
“You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.”

Register to DL, I am seeing titles not appearing in other compilations. They have playable online samples…speeding the “your joking” rejection process.

I would be very careful of such sites who may find it challenging to validate the every file complies with the licence, e g. if someone creates a patch using any of the built-in wavetables they would not be permitted to redistribute it.

You can view an entire 119 min course on Vital, spreading limited previews over 5 days.

I learned a couple of new things in the the first few of a 24 part tutorial (like clicking the UR corner oscilloscope switches to spectrum display), their preview scheme allows you to view 5 sections per day.

2 Likes

Hi @riban,
is there any how-to of script for converting Vitalium presets to lv2 presets?
Thanks a lot!

I had exactly the same question. I’ve been searching high and low for information on this so that I can contribute my own and found presets to vitalium (via here How should we submit Vitalium presets? · Issue #81 · DISTRHO/DISTRHO-Ports · GitHub ) and coming up short.

@riban can you share your process in a detailed tutorial?