Vocoder

I remember as a teen I had the chance to try out a Korg VC 10 in a music store for half an hour. It really impressed me and ever since then I’ve wanted a vocoder at some point. Yesterday I installed a sound card with input in my Zynthian V2 Kit and what can I say - it sounds better than my memory of the Korg vocoder. :zipper_mouth_face:

4 Likes

It seems that any of the 4 vocoder plugins included do work as expected. Some love may be required to make it work … jejeje! Volunteers to do some research on this?

It was easier than I thought, just an audio FX layer with a TAL vocoder and an additional Dragonfly Plate reverb. Of course no sound without singing + midi input.
:microphone:
011-Vocoder.zss (22.0 KB)

3 Likes

Really nice.

1 Like

I’ve thought for a while that a gooseneck mic on the front of the Zynthian would be a good addition.

1 Like

Ups! I see the “TAL-vocoder II” works quite nicely…
Good point, @spurkopf , i will enable this plugin by default.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Jejejeje! It’s really funny. I can’t stop … :grin:

2 Likes

Gotcha :wink: ! And after all the fun, there is a task to accomplish.
:face_with_monocle:
So we want to hear his masters voice, or at least his robot avatar.

2 Likes

Yes yes, our zynthian’s father the creator - please share your vocodered voice with us :slight_smile: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes, or even just an XLR connector so you could decide what mic/mounting you want, as the Roland JD-Xi does - although they do supply a gooseneck/mic as well. Bonus points for switchable phantom power!

1 Like