Waveshare 3.5BV2 Question

Hello, I recently bought the waveshare 3.5B revision 2 screen to play around with. However, the driver in webconf only shows a black screen. The only one that seems to work is the piscreen v1 but the colors are inverted.

I was able to calibrate it with the tool under the Admin menu and it works pretty well aside from the inverted colors. I seen this was asked before in another topic here but the solution didn’t work for me.

I was curious though and decided to install the driver from the manufacturer to see if the proper colors would show. The machine reboots and I can see the command line with proper colors, but it never gets into the zynthian UI after this. I’m only able to login and get to the terminal.

I’m sure this driver install messed with some config files and I probably have to reflash the sd card.

Is there a proper way to install this screen?

I also struggled with this display and did the same as you to no avail. I had to start with a fresh card and copied the official overlay to the boot folder:

so, run a

git clone https://github.com/waveshare/LCD-show.git
cd LCD-show/

and copy the overlay over with

scp waveshare35b-v2-overlay.dtb root@zynthian.local:/boot/overlays/wavesh
are35b-v2-overlay.dtbo

Notice the suffix renaming to .dtbo

Select the display in webconfig and you should be good to go.

Oh, forget to mention: although the display works as it should, touchscreen will be off. Calibration tool didn’t work for me, so I had to manually put in the config. But honestly it is no fun running zynthian with a touch display, so I wouldn’t bother! If you use usb for midi in and audio out there are enough pins free to wire encoders directly to the pi (at least I hope so, had only two around and waiting for the other ones)

But if you insist put

Option "TransformationMatrix" "0 -1 1 1 0 0 0 0 1"

in

/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-calibration.conf

Thank you! This did the trick. I will attempt to use the pins for encoders as well.

as I said this is wip for me also, but this might come in handy:

zynthian_raspi_pinout.xls (19.5 KB)

Thanks again. I’ll be sure to use this.