Webconf->Snapshots doesn't work!

So since the last couple of updates, the web config page for Snapshots does not work fully! You cannot rename etc… See below.

Please fix @jofemodo

Sorry, @andycallaby!

I can’t find any error on, my side. Perhaps it’s some “strange” character. If you send the “original” name and the “destiny” name, i could try to reproduce the issue.

BTW, Why not uploading a PNG or JPG for the screenshot, my friend? Tiff format is not well suited for uploading to a forum … 4MB for an almost empty screenshot!!! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

The best!

Sorry, uploaded as jpeg.

Made a screen recording of what happens. Not 100% sure what you mean by the name. I used the same url?

Sorry, i can’t extract any useful information from this video.
It seems that nothing is shown when accessing the webconf.
Please, restart your zynthian, access from the terminal and send the webconf log:

journalctl -u zynthian-webconf

when accessing the webconf’s snapshot page.

Thanks

Hiya.

Sorry I’m not super technical. How do I do the terminal bit please?

Ups! … better don’t try then :wink:
Could you see your snapshots from the Zynthian UI?
Could you copy the snapshot’s names ? I suspect that some strange character is breaking things …

Regards,

Does this help?

I love a challenge.

lib-snapshot (526.4 KB)

Or this?

No sorry, this doesn’t help. It’s not the browser terminal what i’m talking about :nerd_face:
But if you love challenges, then read the wiki section about accessing zynthian using the remote terminal:

https://wiki.zynthian.org/index.php/Command_Line_User_Guide

Anyway, if you could copy your list of snapshots (the full names as they are shown in the UI), it could help to solve the issue.

Regards,

@jofemodo

This help?

Terminal Saved Output (49.6 KB)

This helps a lot … let me do some dark spell with my fingers :japanese_ogre: :japanese_ogre:

But my friend, i need the webconf’s log, not the UI’s log. Please, execute this from the terminal:

journalctl -u zynthian-webconf -f

And then, try to access the webconf->snapshots page from the browser. The error log will be printer on the terminal and the true about the bug will be revealed …

Thanks,

– Logs begin at Wed 2020-08-12 12:23:44 BST. –

Aug 12 12:23:45 zynthian systemd[1]: Started Zynthian Webconf.

Aug 12 12:23:50 zynthian zynthian_webconf.sh[372]: ERROR:root:Failed to configure geometry => no display name and no $DISPLAY environment variable

Aug 12 18:57:40 zynthian zynthian_webconf.sh[372]: find: ‘/zynthian/zynthian-my-data/presets/puredata//’: No such file or directory

Aug 12 18:57:41 zynthian zynthian_webconf.sh[372]: ERROR:root:Can’t get info for ‘/media/usb0’ => Command ‘mountpoint ‘/media/usb0’’ returned non-zero exit status 1.

I hope I’m not stepping on your toes @jofemodo, but thought I’d suggest @andycallaby could run find /zynthian/zynthian-my-data/snapshots/ as well and provide that output. If the special char is only causing a rendering problem client-side, it may not show up in the webconf logs.

1 Like

@andycallaby, did you try to access the snapshot panel after executing the journalctl command? I can’t see the corresponding log lines …

@sehrgut, i rather prefer the webconf log. I was testing with strange characters and it doesn’t seem to be the problem …

Regards,

1 Like

Hi @jofemodo. I tried running the command and it did not update after I went to the snapshot page.

This is what it said after I entered it.

– Logs begin at Wed 2020-08-12 19:12:21 BST. –

Aug 12 19:12:22 zynthian systemd[1]: Started Zynthian Webconf.

Aug 12 19:12:27 zynthian zynthian_webconf.sh[374]: ERROR:root:Failed to configure geometry => no display name and no $DISPLAY environment variable

@jofemodo

Tried again after a restart and got this which updated after I went to snapshots

– Logs begin at Wed 2020-08-12 19:12:21 BST. –

Aug 12 19:12:22 zynthian systemd[1]: Started Zynthian Webconf.

Aug 12 19:12:27 zynthian zynthian_webconf.sh[374]: ERROR:root:Failed to configure geometry => no display name and no $DISPLAY environment variable

Aug 13 09:41:48 zynthian zynthian_webconf.sh[374]: find: ‘/zynthian/zynthian-my-data/presets/puredata//’: No such file or directory

Aug 13 09:41:48 zynthian zynthian_webconf.sh[374]: ERROR:root:Can’t get info for ‘/media/usb0’ => Command ‘mountpoint ‘/media/usb0’’ returned non-zero exit status 1.

still not sure if this helps. :slight_smile:

@sehrgut This is what I got when I entered your command…

root@zynthian:~# find /zynthian/zynthian-my-data/snapshots/

/zynthian/zynthian-my-data/snapshots/

/zynthian/zynthian-my-data/snapshots/001

/zynthian/zynthian-my-data/snapshots/003

/zynthian/zynthian-my-data/snapshots/003/002-JV>Gain 2x2.zss

/zynthian/zynthian-my-data/snapshots/003/003-JV>Gain 2x2.zss

/zynthian/zynthian-my-data/snapshots/003/001-ZY > Bass>Bass 3 analog .zss

/zynthian/zynthian-my-data/snapshots/002

/zynthian/zynthian-my-data/snapshots/000

/zynthian/zynthian-my-data/snapshots/000/003-70’s Synth.zss

/zynthian/zynthian-my-data/snapshots/000/007-JV>Fluid Chromatic Percussion > Default.zss

/zynthian/zynthian-my-data/snapshots/000/013-JV>Gain 2x2.zss

/zynthian/zynthian-my-data/snapshots/000/012-JV>Obxd > StevenGrace>Fat Moog Bazz.zss

/zynthian/zynthian-my-data/snapshots/000/008-LS > SFZ>Synths>Hard Rub.zss

/zynthian/zynthian-my-data/snapshots/000/001-Guitar Space.zss

/zynthian/zynthian-my-data/snapshots/000/009-JV>Obxd > StevenGrace>Fat Moog Bazz.zss

/zynthian/zynthian-my-data/snapshots/000/011-JV>Obxd > StevenGrace>Fat Moog Bazz.zss

/zynthian/zynthian-my-data/snapshots/000/010-JV>Obxd > StevenGrace>Fat Moog Bazz.zss

/zynthian/zynthian-my-data/snapshots/000/004-MULTI Boom.zss

/zynthian/zynthian-my-data/snapshots/000/002-Dexys.zss

/zynthian/zynthian-my-data/snapshots/000/005-Dream World.zss

/zynthian/zynthian-my-data/snapshots/000/006-ZY > Bass>Bass 3 analog .zss

/zynthian/zynthian-my-data/snapshots/default.zss

/zynthian/zynthian-my-data/snapshots/last_state.zss

root@zynthian:~#

It’s exactly the same you already sent. You have to provoke the error after running the command.

Regards,