When increasing buffer, ZynAddSubFX doesn't work

When increasing buffer under Hardware/Audio/Jackd Options in the line:

-P 70 -t 2000 -s -d alsa -d hw:sndrpihifiberry -S -r 44100 -p 256 -n 2 -X raw

from 256 to 512, ZynAddSubFX doesn’t start. Oppositely, with the default option, the FluidSynth works intermittently (start once in a while, usually doesn’t).

Anything else (besides the buffer change) should I change in the options to reduce xruns? Thanks!

The issue with ZynAddSubFX is well known:

Regarding FluidSynth, AFAIK, it works perfectly with the default options.
Somebody could confirm the issue with FluidSynth?

Finally, you shouldn’t have XRUNs with FluidSynth. If you have a RBPi3 B+ you should have XRUNs with Pianoteq, specially with Grand Pianos. Also with OBXd and some ZynAddSubFX presets, but not too many.

If you have many XRUNs, probably you have a “power supply” problem. You should consider using a better one. Also put attention to the power cable, as it’s more important that what you would think.

Regards,

Thanks for a prompt answer! I will definitely look for the power adapter quality.

You are welcome :wink:

I forgot to say that when reporting a problem you should ALWAYS give full information about the context:

• Zynthian hardware: kit version or full specs if it’s a custom unit (soundcard, display, etc.)
  • Zynthian software: SD image version
  • Any other information that could be useful: power supply specs, in this case :wink:

Note that a screenshot from the webconf’s dashboard could be enough for the points 1 & 2 …

Thanks!