Where to buy Zynthian parts

Hey.

I would like to build my first zynthian. I could buy a kit but I would like to use a bigger case and screen. I noticed other parts are not all available in the shop. Do you know, is this temporary or where/when could I buy those?

Regards,
Vaiko

1 Like

It depends in part on how clever you are at wiring up components, I assembled one with parts from Slow Chinese marketplace aliexpress and faster delivering Amazon. Doing point to point soldering of a minimal all-in-one board.

The Zynthian basic starter kit simplifies the process of soldering together the special elements that interconnect things, you only have to solder some components onto a PCB board… Amazon is one fast delivery source of Codec boards, they were the cheapest source at the time, doe a couple of consumer grade Audio Injector boards. and LCDs I have used.

Pandemic era component lead times (up to a year for some electronics) seems to have effect availability of raspberry Pi’s. One local retail chain only has the most expensive Pi 4 on hand, with other Pis only available in ‘starter’ kits.
Major electronics suppliers, Digikey, Mouser, Newerk or Arrow have a different available Pis, as well as the chassis mount MIDI and Audio connectors.

There are plenty of DIY case examples in the Success Stories posts.

Hi @daycleier !

Currently we can’t sell some zynthian parts separately because of the chip shortage. We can’t manufacture boards, so we must keep our stocks for the full kits. I’m really sorry about that, but we have no option.

Regards,