Zynth club. .. There's just one rule in Zynth club

Also, I hugged a keytar.

1 Like

I’ve joined the chatroom just before 19h UTC, but my mother has chose to call me right at that moment. :roll_eyes:

It’s a pity, because I was enthusiastic to talk about hardware stuff like RP1 and I2S data lanes, dying WiringPi and mcp23017 native kernel driver, fbtft, which is EOL too and replaced by DRM panel driver. They are not a lot of 3.5inch 480x320 SPI display that are currently supported.

There will be another day. There always is :smile:.

@Baggypants Sorry I forgot about singing keytars. Obviously made an impression!!! ごめん

1 Like

Next time bring your mum.

1 Like

Apparently, Superlooper UI and features are based upon the Oberheim Echoplex which I did not know (hidden away in the first line of features on the webpage) & the reason for the image above.

3 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: Hosting LV2s

Nights are drawing in / out (north / south) and its getting cold / hot. Let’s warm / cool each other by meeting and discussing nonsense for a few hours. How about Tuesday 5th December? Any other day next week is also fine with me but if we don’t start with a date then no one tends to commit!

1 Like

good.

Depends whether or not my cajon can power my socks. . .

yep. I will try to be there.

HEY !! She’s 94yo !!

And probably still more technically able than some of our community! :rofl:

regarding all these electronic stuff: for sure not

but for explaining “Der Ring des Nibelungen” she’s the best

1 Like

19:00 UTC today.

A quiet night, gathered around the fire, toasting our chestnuts and eventually, after most had gone away, putting the world to rights - but that is beyond the scope and rules of the clubhouse so will remain apparent only as long as a couple of aging brains retain the info… that may not be long!

As has become the norm, the appointed clerk was not appointed nor anointed and hence the old adage, “You had to be there” is most appropriate. But we did discuss:

• The Yamaha Montage, its recent discounted price, its hardware and software platforms - speculating to what these may be
  • Digging a secret tunnel between your basement and out-buildings to reach your rehearsal space more securely
  • Keeping your powder (or 3D printing filament) dry
  • ESP32 modules with screens and peripherals like this
  • Building BLE MIDI devices using ESP32 can be simple or challenging, depending on the board and it takes a lot of power which conflicts with the ‘LE’ in BLE.
  • Can we get ChatGPT to write Zynthian software for us?
  • There were sneak previews of Zynthian development - special service for those who attend these prestigious events
  • Probably for the first time, the US offered more participants than the UK with AU equalling the UK but the rest of the world (including our European friends) were not represented despite aspirations of the contrary
  • How many MIDI ports is enough? (Zynthian currently supports 16 distinct ports which I could probably exceed if I plugged all my kit into it but am unlikely to want to do that!)
  • Could / should a future generation of Zynthian use the Raspberry Pi Compute Module? It is often considered but dismissed due to various reasons including its lack of interface hardware, increased friction for hobbiests, etc.
  • How can electronic musical instruments like Zynthian and riban modular be more accessible to all users including those with impaired sight, reduced mobility, etc. This includes temporary reduction in access, e.g. broken arm.
4 Likes

I missed it because I had another meeting. :frowning:
Regarding Compute Modules, It’s not like CM4 modules are easy to get in the UK at the moment anyway.

I have been away but …

Christmas special die hard santa mince pie wonderful life holiday edition ZYNTHCLUB on wednesday 27th Dec at 1900 ZMT anyone ?

Sounds good to me. Now I have a machine gun. Ho-Ho-Ho.

that is tomorrow, btw

I will be there.

Can’t wait to see and hear what Santa has brought everyone.