Zynth club. .. There's just one rule in Zynth club

Agenda 15th August 2022 Monday 18:00 UTC

In the absence of the BDFZ @riban is in the chair.

Agenda …
@wyleu will explain Plain Hunt in the context of the modern latency discussions, he will probably waffle on about Rust in an uneducated sort of way.
@pac_71 will talk us throu’ this … https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-TDd86lv8pAPPJWTZ9qEK7MQMvNxHp9T/view
@MrBroccoli will present the weather forecast . . .
We will then show an advert . . .
And into the @riban show…

that’s how you stitch up…

1 Like

I pre-recorded my weather forecast :-

Don’t let @wyleu’s attempt at officiousness put you off. Zynth Club is an unofficial meeting of anyone who has time to spare. The agenda is whatever drifts into our minds - a temporal agenda.

It’s like a social club for the socially lacking…

DM me for details of how to join this evening in thirty minutes.

Last time it was just me and pac_71!

How lovely to see and hear everyone last night. Well, when I say everyone, I don’t literally mean everyone. The half a dozen or so of us who turned up barely represent the whole world populate, let alone other, extraterrestrial lifeforms… although that didn’t stop us from trying.

• We played a short game of whack-a-wyleu as he popped up and dropped off several times.
  • Slap Shot is such a good movie it was worth buying a DVD copy just this week… apparently. (There were sequels but no one wants to talk about them.)
  • There are also bad movies including ones featuring Shaun Ryder
  • To advance his experience with cutting edge technology, @wyleu will be scything for his birthday.
  • We had news of an excellent sounding punk festival in Blackpool, a quaint little seaside resort in the north west of England - bring your own vegetables.
  • The spiralling cost of Raspberry Pis made us a bit sad.
  • How black can you get?
  • BBC Microbit is proving useful for various interfacing gadgets.
  • You can’t spell Black Sabbath without ABBA.
  • The Saltwater Music Festival looks like it is in my nan’s parlour. They know how to rock down-under.
  • Cardinal can now run in a web browser.
  • We actually did something Zynthian related: There is a development in progress to bring a fully featured SooperLooper to Zynthian (rather than the somewhat crippled version currently available). During the meeting our intrepid reporter @Baggypants switched his Zynthian to the development branch and tested the looper, comparing it with his familiar Roland looper. This presented a significant change of environment because it is based on the testing branch including the audio mixer. With a few pointers on how to navigate he was able to use SooperLooper, initially finding it more awkward than the Roland. After a hot fix was applied (live testing and bug fixing) and a few minutes of familiarisation as well as a couple of words of explanation and encouragement, he was soon creating a masterpiece of audio looping. He seemed to find it fairly intuitive and was almost as familiar with SooperLooper as he was with his current looper. There was a little feedback although most of this had already been observed by the developer and scheduled for resolution. There was much appreciation for the prospect of a full-featured looper in Zynthian soon.
  • We were pleased that @Baggypants isn’t easily offended, doing so much testing after being attacked for his choice to protect workers in the technology provision industry, e.g. precious metal minors.
  • Kurzweil synths were discussed with our very own Kurzweil maintenance expert on hand to answer dumb questions like, “what did they make?”.

There was much more discussed but if you can’t be bothered to turn up then you miss out. Goodnight and sleep well.

4 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: SooperLooper

I have been birthdayed

2 Likes

I hope to see that sewn onto your scout shirt.

1 Like

What are the other options? Heavy metal battle jacket? Speedo’s?

Ok. Scout uniform is fine.

This is as very fine talk…

Tuesday.

2 Likes

What again…?
are you sure it wasn’t Wednesday…?

Not sundae?

Only after…
saturday_elton

Tuesday.

But today is just another manic monday!

But it’s Monday I’ll have Friday on my mind