Zynth club. .. There's just one rule in Zynth club

I am searching for your level :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

penquin
I’m being gentle cos I’ve got my remote control working again!!!

Fill the sky with hats!!

Sadly, you will have to conduct your intense bell discussions without me.
I have a better gig on Tuesday evening.

Zynthing club. The second best gig on a Tuesday night. Catchy :>

Despite the rejections and invitation declines we had a fairly full clubhouse. We even managed to 3D print a @wyleu! As is the way of the recent decline in standards, notes were not taken by anyone willing to share them so here are the vague recollections of an ageing man who was less sober by evenings end.

• There was a lot of talk about 3D printing and how the hardware has advanced in recent years to make it very attractive.

• Some Korg synth keys have finally been (mostly) installed. One that hasn’t made it into the repair is the super flexible one which we all thought should be used exclusively to give extra dynamics to playing.

• Tuna fish are warm blooded!! Who would have guessed? They regulate their body temperature as they navigate the various depths and locations with wildly different environmental temperatures.

• Demonstration of some (very hot-off-the-press) recent Zynthian software development was demonstrated, particularly the improved keybinding which landed in testing branch yesterday. Some were more excited about this than others.

• Better keybinding may open up more opportunities for remote control, including customising (butchering) your keypads.

• @jofemodo’s announcement of the Zynthian V5 has us all excited. This was discussed a lot including questions like why is it flat (Flat Zynth Society)? Are the buttons on gymbals so that it can be rotated to any angle? And does it boast that long awaited feature, the Pez dispenser? Under intense interrogation, some of these secrets may have been divouged. (Don’t tell the boss!!!)

• A certain quasi-member took credit for the V5 buttons whilst also making reference to other technologies that have has similar treatment:
    telephone

• Eurorack / modular is an expensive and time consuming hobby. It may be cheaper to buy a 3D printer and print your own Eurorack enclosure than to buy one! Indeed, a 3D printed Eurorack mounting rail was demonstrated as well as some lovely knurled M3 post screws. Of course, someone has already been there before.

• Some people are trying to make Eurorack / modular more accessible with low cost solutions.

• Demonstrating their technological expertise, a member proudly announced his ability to send electronic instant messages. The telephone handset may become obsolescent in our lifetime! (But surely not the telefacsimile machine?)

• No meeting would be complete without ringing in our ears. We learned how to learn about ropes attached to chunks of metal that chime to a different tune. Even a most critical member was eager to tell us how this help demystify the (so called) art form.

• Yet another Korg software for an unlikely platform was identified.

• A request for help with webconf development had rather limited response. Someone mentioned django…

• Please sir, may I have more? (Like a case for my Raspberry Pi which may have extensive heatsinks.)

If you don’t post a weblink in the comments section during the meeting then your words are likely to fade from memory and are less likely to hit these reports. I am sure that far more interesting things were said and not reported here but that is a benefit to attending. You get to hear all the good stuff (as well as all the nonsense).

2 Likes

Another subject for discussion was the new heat sinking in (on?) the V5 Zynthian Mainboard, and just how much better it will really be - or to ask it another way - can a V4 setup with ‘just’ a Zynductor be overclocked to 2 GHz?

Any discussion or experimental results may be posted to:

And now for something completely different…

I have been advised by a colleague that it would be ‘more correct’ to call tuna “warm bodied” rather than “warm blooded”:

Pacific bluefin tuna are top predators renowned for their epic migrations across the Pacific Ocean. They are also unique amongst bony fish as they are warm bodied (endothermic) and are capable of elevating their core body temperature up to 20°C above that of the surrounding water.

For much more details:
How tuna stay warm with cold hearts.

I betcha never would have predicted THAT being discussed in Zynthclub!

1 Like

Ha! I had to go back and check what I had written. I initially wrote, "warm bodied " because that made more sense to me than what was discussed but either autocorrect or I changed it to the, now debunked, “warm blooded” theory. You will be telling us next that all fish are flat!

1 Like

No such thing as a fish!

Fish and chips…!

1 Like

There is a world shortage of chips, pushing prices up.

1 Like

Well you should no your plaice…

I’ve heard many fish tales at zynth club meetings in the past, but this is the first one that rang true.

1 Like

Chip shortages are taken seriously here in AU.

3 Likes

In starch contrast to other locations? :smile: :potato:

Must be about time to catch up.

Tuesday?

Tuesday! I can make later.

Wednesday is later than Tuesday!

I’d prefer Wednesday…

Any day is mostly okay.