Zynthian boombox

Whilst on tour with a band that i work for, I built this zynthian boombox for them.
I found this retro styled boombox cheap on ebay as the cassette player door was broken, which replaced with a 5 inch screen for the pi4b that is mounted behind it.
I changed the existing encoders with new push button ones and added some other momentary switches as well so the tape player controls can trigger midi notes.
The aux input to the stereo was attenuated with a potential divider from the hifiberry audio hat which is also wired directly out to the aux out phono sockets, so it can be used either by itself or connected to the p.a.
The band loved it and i really enjoyed making it, thank you to all zynthian contributers for making it possible for a random roadie to make such a gadget.

13 Likes

That’s BRILLIANT!!!

Loooooove it

Wouah excellent. Congrats @bitmat

But, you know, they are here a couple of stepenwolf who are looking at this with envy and crazy eyes.

So, would you mind share with the horde some of the internals of this beast ?

Unfortunately i have packed it into a flight case and probably won’t see it again till February. I will happily post photos of the interior birds nest of wires next time i look inside it.

Absolutely beautiful!

Absolutely beautiful and inspiring. Makes me think about what other electronic antiques I could use to house a Zynthian.

Several extra marks for the General Post Office logo.

How we while away the time round here…

Course if we are to apply the rules rigourously . . .