Zynthian doesn't realize I upgraded to Pianoteq PRO and have new instruments

root@zetes:/zynthian/zynthian-sw/pianoteq6# echo $PIANOTEQ_PRODUCT
STANDARD
root@zetes:/zynthian/zynthian-sw/pianoteq6# echo $PIANOTEQ_VERSION
root@zetes:/zynthian/zynthian-sw/pianoteq6# echo $PIANOTEQ_TRIAL

also in that Pianoteq72.prefs file…
VALUE name=“LKey” val="# Pianoteq key file (v7) # Product: Pianoteq 7 PRO # Licensed to: Daniel Wells # Computer: zetes # Date: Wed Mar 10 21:36:07 2021 …

Okay - getting somewhere…

Your configuration files shows you have these instrument packs: Harp:A;Steelpans:A;Celeste:A;Vibes:A;Xylo:A which Zynthain interprets as providing:

• Harp
    • Concert Harp
    • Celtic Harp
  • Celeste
    • Celesta
    • Glockenspiel
    • Toy Piano
  • Vibes:A
    • Vibraphone V-B
    • Vibraphone V-M
  • Xylo
    • Marimba
    • Xylophone

It looks like steelpans has changed in the config. Zynthian is looking for Steel:A but your config has Steelpans:A. That needs to be reported as a bug in the issue tracker.

I can’t see evidence in your configuration of Kalimba nor does it show in your Pianoteq About page.

The output from pianoteq --version does not include the word “PRO” hence Zynthian is detecting it as the Standard version. Are you sure you downloaded the Pro binary? (I don’t think this has a significant impact, just what is shown in the list but if you don’t have the right binary then you may be missing some features.)

Kalimba is part of the Celeste package
https://www.modartt.com/celeste

and yes, it shows as Pro in the App itself, and it is a fresh download.

I have created two issues…
For the instrument pack updates: Pianoteq Instrument Packs have changed. · Issue #379 · zynthian/zynthian-issue-tracking · GitHub
For the STANDARD vs PRO update: Pianoteq 7.2.0 PRO appears as STANDARD in the Zynthian UI · Issue #380 · zynthian/zynthian-issue-tracking · GitHub

Hopefully I did this correctly.

Ah! Sorry - should have noticed from your screenshot. I wonder if the reporting has changed or whether it has always been like this. I am not sure which version @jofemodo has. The Pro and Studio versions do not have trial versions so we can only configure Zynthain if we have a bought version to test against. I have STAGE.

Zynthian detects Kalimba as a dedicated Kalimba instrument pack introduced during Pianoteq 6.5. Maybe the collections have changed. That needs to be reported too.

Yes please add an issue so that it can be triaged and passed to an appropriate grown-up.

3 Likes

It seems that v7 binaries doesn’t identify themselves in the same way v6 ones. Anyway, i don’t think it’s a big problem as far as zynthian UI doesn’t use any special feature not present on Stage version.

Regarding the name changes of some instrument packages, i think it’s not the first time we solve this kind of issues with Pianoteq and it should be easy to patch.

Let me take a look …

BTW, i’m still using v6 STAGE, but i expect to upgrade very soon :wink:

Regards,

2 Likes

I just commited a patch for renaming some instrument packs for v7 (i assume the pack name changes were on v7 and we have not discovered until now). It would be nice if you can test with old v7 binaries for confirming this. Also, warn if you discover some other instrument pack rename or similar issue.

Regards,

2 Likes