Zynthian on a Pi2+503HTA Hybrid Tube Amp

Hi guys,
for the kicks of it, and because I had the hardware sitting in a closet, I am in the process of getting zynthian running on an old Pi2+Tube amp HAT

First obstacle: build a zynthian image for the pi2: the wiki points to a forum post that starts from a jessie minibian image, while I guess now that we’re on buster the correct procedure is to download a raspbian lite image

Second obstacle: only 8GB on my SD, so off we go with Berryboot and install it on a network ISCSI LUN

I am bulding the image as I post, hope I’ll be able to run obxd through the tube and post a recording :slight_smile: without too many xruns

1 Like

Getting somewhere

1 Like

Ok,
I think I need some newbie help…
Jack works, I can play the test mp3:

I have set the display to generic HDMI, but I am stuck at the Zynthian BOOT/Error as above.

These are the UI logs:

Jan 22 17:19:06 zynthian startx[587]: Unable to open I2C device: No such file or directory
Jan 22 17:19:10 zynthian systemd[1]: zynthian.service: Stopping timed out. Terminating.
Jan 22 17:19:10 zynthian systemd[1]: zynthian.service: Control process exited, code=killed, status=15/TERM
Jan 22 17:19:10 zynthian startx[587]: xinit: connection to X server lost
Jan 22 17:19:10 zynthian startx[587]: [1B blob data]
Jan 22 17:19:10 zynthian startx[587]: waiting for X server to shut down (II) Server terminated successfully (0). Closing log file.
Jan 22 17:19:11 zynthian startx[587]: xinit: unexpected signal 15
Jan 22 17:19:11 zynthian systemd[1]: zynthian.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Jan 22 17:19:11 zynthian systemd[1]: zynthian.service: Failed with result ‘timeout’.
Jan 22 17:19:11 zynthian systemd[1]: Stopped Zynthian User Interface.

It looks like it’s expecting a touch device and not finding it …

aand, I need to remember that when using bootberry changes to config.txt must be replicated in the boot environment …

Ui is up … Having a lot of fun at the moment :slight_smile:

4 Likes