Zynthian sound samples?

https://wiki.zynthian.org/index.php/Zynthian_Sound_Demos are the bits piece jofe has collected…

1 Like

True, ofcourse. The simpler the better. The Wikipedia page seems an ok solution

This post is pointless without wav’s

:joy::+1:

5 Likes

This will draw thousands of enthusiast farters from all over the world

Weak, over eager, no follow throu’ and little or no sustain. . .

I reckon a decent synth implementation, from one of our several engines, could provide the sort of parameter & MIDI driven control that is required for this important session of audio research . . .

This is zynthian-touch.local using a Yeti USB Mic . . . .
All other details are a closely guarded secret but it didn’t involve any mains power and the accurate touchscreen makes this rather easy . . .

2 Likes

:face_with_monocle: Bon appétit old chap

2 Likes

3 Likes

And banjo players.

:rofl:

2 Likes

Hi @Vincent!
Have you tried simply this:

https://soundcloud.com/search?q=%23zynthian

There are a few tracks there and it’s not a bad place for sharing audio tracks. Simply adding the hashtag #zynthian to the published tracks and we have all the power of a powerful audio-track clasification and search engine like soundcloud. Of course, we love to use the forum for that … it’s more funny :wink:
Anyway, i like to collect all the interesting pieces (surely i missed some) in the Wiki Audio Demos page…

Regards!

Hi! Nice collection!! jeje!

I know many engine/presets you use it, but not all of them.
Curiously, your track 27 call to my mind the cut number 5 of the Sàpa album from Urmull & Kradak (aka @Humi). Could you remember to me the engine & preset? :innocent:

Regards!

1 Like

I just added the last track, “zynthian-1” to the wiki’s sound demos …
Could you give some details about the engines & presets you use for this track?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi José !

I used the “ZynAddSubFX/olivers-100/Mellow Echo Pad” for this little experiment. It’s part of a small project named ‘Arabian Nights’, which will lead me nowhere without a doubt but I like exploring. The beats have been created mangling the Octatrack.
I appreciate your feedback (a lot) and I will from now on post my ‘tracks’ involving the Zynthian directly here in this thread, with the Zynthian configuration details. I will now upload the track involved.

See you later,

Vincent!

2 Likes

Homebrew beat using Octatrack step sequencer
Bassline using Zynthian “ZY/Bass/Bass5” plus a hint of “Shiroverb”.

Hope our friend @wyleu will feed this to our monocled friend :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

I love the atmospherics of these. I’ve always been partial to Arabic rhyhms. Is there an overall structure that lends it this specific sence of anticipation? Or is there a basic pattern that you start from?

1 Like

I’m more the “sampling” guy, and mainly record or resample my own stuff, create sfz and put it on the Zynthian.
Thinking about it - I could to some small Tutorials on YT or so and show how to create and put self-made samples onto the Zynthian…

4 Likes

Thanks! I’m an old beat-creating & mangling man.
I usually pick a standard basic rhythm (that old 3/5/9 stuff from the Roland days) and start fooling around with soundbank (kits, effects). This I did on reason, but the ‘twist’ is from the octatrack, giving it that little swing feel.
For example; I play a little bongo or djarbuka (I have real and fake ones at home, like drums, piano, accordeon, all the house is jammed with noisy stuff), loop it and add a beat. Then I throw in some reverb, a few notes and that’s that.
I don’t know how to play beats with the Zynthian yet, and anyway the octatrack shall probably remain the center part of that bit.

Hi! For me it’s the other way around; I ‘feed’ more or less clean loops to the octatrack/Sonar and mess it up from there.
Or I simply start from Reason I’ve been using that stuff it was called ‘cool edit pro’ in the late 90’s, so I kind of know my way around their stuff.
I invested in the Zynthian to go dawless for live performances (I play with a couple of friends), just using the octatrack, zynthian, midi guitar with gp10, etc.
I will soon check the complete crazy idea of looping the octatrack output including zynthian loops back into the Zynthian to mangle it from there. Mmm. …

And yes, any tuto on yt might be a way of contributing to this project :wink:

Here I’m using different Zynthian layers, looped in the Octatrack or played directly.
Who can find the:

Trillo / Scherzo / Drones / guitar chorus / Ahh Choir…and some more? Sorry mostly mangled by the eight merciless arms of the Octa!
@MatFluor these are basically samples looping around (pipo for the drones and voices), and thus part of a ‘live permformance’ in which I launch and cut and fade and whatever using scenes, so never the same and not really meant to be recorded.

Having fun with my Zynthian !

4 Likes

Awesome, I dig it! The Octa is something on my “someday” list, but then, I’m not a huge sequencer, but like live-looping :wink:

Yeah, one big reason for the Zynthian in my case was the “put my own samples on there without having to abuse a drum machine” if you know what I mean. Of course, I’m new to hardware stuff and used to software and playing stuff in with XFades and all. And with Zynthina, that’s there, in a nice box ina package I can support nicely

Thanks Mat!
To be honest I haven’t tried to actually use the Zynthian as a sampler yet, and having learned how to work with the Octatrack I don’t really need to right now.
I tried the sooper looper though, and that was fun!
I might try to link some midi footswitch to the Zynthian to start/stop the looping.
Have you tried the internal recorder ? Works pretty cool for nailing down certain ideas or sounds on the fly.