Zynthian V4 without knobs and Encoders

@jofemodo , @riban

Hi Zynthianers,

first best newyear wishes and a lot of suxxess for V5!

I drive one of my Zynthians V4 without knobs and encoders and control it with note numbers.
Now I do not find the note number for “select bold” or “select options”.
Perhaps it´s hidden under zynswitch nn.
Can you help, please?

Best wishes
Micki

Hi @Micki. Season’s felicitations back at you.

I am not sure whether this is a new feature in our development branch or whether it is also implemented in testing and stable but on my dev platform, configuring a MIDI note as a switch (MIDI note 93 (A6) is the default configuration for SELECT switch) it behaves like the real switch with short, bold and long events triggered based on the time between MIDI note-on and MIDI note-off.

These can be configured in webconf - INTERFACE->MIDI Options, “Master Key Actions”. Be aware that the note names in the piano display are wrong. Convention has MIDI note 60 (middle C) as C3 or C4 (I prefer to use C4) but webconf presents it as C5. Someone should report and fix that… :wink:

Hi riban,

Thanx for your help.

Regards
Micki

Gesendet mit der Telekom Mail App

-----Original-Nachricht-----
Von: Brian Walton via Zynthian Discourse <discourse@zynthian.org>
Betreff: [Zynthian Discourse] [Using Zynthian] Zynthian V4 without knobs and Encoders
Datum: 10.01.2024, 08:37 Uhr
An: <norbert.schreiber@t-online.de>

|

• |

| riban
January 10 |

• | - |

Hi @Micki. Season’s felicitations back at you.

I am not sure whether this is a new feature in our development branch or whether it is also implemented in testing and stable but on my dev platform, configuring a MIDI note as a switch (MIDI note 93 (A6) is the default configuration for SELECT switch) it behaves like the real switch with short, bold and long events triggered based on the time between MIDI note-on and MIDI note-off.

These can be configured in webconf - INTERFACE->MIDI Options, “Master Key Actions”. Be aware that the note names in the piano display are wrong. Convention has MIDI note 60 (middle C) as C3 or C4 (I prefer to use C4) but webconf presents it as C5. Someone should report and fix that… :wink:

@riban
Hi here I am again and its a bit awkward, but I see no other way.

Now I want to send a note on Ch 16 for setting the ZS3 PC-Command. But I don’t find the right number.
I think i have to go into the control-window and than
F5 for Snapshot and again F5 for ZS3-Window (waiting for PC Command)
But that doesn’t work.

To use CUIA over MIDI you need to enable “Master MIDI Channel” in webconf INTERFACE->MIDI Options. Setting this to “16” will enable CUIA control on MIDI channel 16.

Then you need to check the mapping of the MIDI notes which is also done in the same screen. By default MIDI note 65 (F4) triggers Snapshot screen.

Hi riban,
yes F5 for Snapshot Screen works,
but I have to push F5 a 2nd time (see user guide) for the Window to store the ZS3-command.

And that is what I’m looking for.
Best regards
Micki

Gesendet mit der Telekom Mail App

-----Original-Nachricht-----
Von: Brian Walton via Zynthian Discourse <discourse@zynthian.org>
Betreff: [Zynthian Discourse] [Using Zynthian] Zynthian V4 without knobs and Encoders
Datum: 12.01.2024, 17:23 Uhr
An: <norbert.schreiber@t-online.de>

|

• |

| riban
January 12 |

• | - |

To use CUIA over MIDI you need to enable “Master MIDI Channel” in webconf INTERFACE->MIDI Options. Setting this to “16” will enable CUIA control on MIDI channel 16.

Then you need to check the mapping of the MIDI notes which is also done in the same screen. By default MIDI note 65 (F4) triggers Snapshot screen.

Screenshot 2024-01-12 at 21-00-54 Zynthian Configuration

Note No 65 only toggles Mixer and Snapshot - Screens