Building my Zynthian & Interested in PureData integration

Hello to all Zynthianā€™s users and builders! Iā€™m Ramsi and Iā€™m from Italy. I love many things, especially those that mix together a bit of technology, art and mind!
I would like to thank you Fernando for his care about my order ( Iā€™ve waited on everything month to get my kit ) and everything is gone well!
Iā€™ve just received today my zytnhian kit and used 5 hours to build it up and power it on! :slight_smile:
Iā€™m waiting to compile the image and use this amazing project.
I really love the infinite possibility of using and programming with pure data and Iā€™m interested too in knowing if anyone have just made something with it already. Iā€™m interested in his implementation :slight_smile:
So, I will follow the updates on this detailed community.
Here are the photos of my builded zynthian

1 Like

Hello Ramsi i am happy to have another Italian Zyinthianer in the forum !!
The Zynthian Project is very interesting and Fernando is a great man!!!
Thank you for sharing yours photos!!

Have a nice stay here

1 Like

Hi @Ramsi!

Welcome on board! I hope you had a good building session and that your Zynthian Box is running now :wink:

Please, if you are building your Zynthian image from scratch using the setup script, donā€™t forget to send some feedback to this topic:

Also remember that you can download the SD image ā€œready to runā€ from here:

Regarding your interest in PureData, i really want to integrate it in Zynthian. Currently itā€™s not a priority, but i could help you with the definition & coding. Itā€™s not a difficult task and i think we could have a basic implementation in 1-2 days.

If you are really interested, we could open a ā€œPureData Integrationā€ topic in the Software section to discuss the details ā€¦

Kind Regards!

2 Likes

Sorry for the late answer! Iā€™ve experienced some days of debugging because Iā€™ve encountered a serious noob :slight_smile: problem that now is resolved, but this problem let me tried each buildingā€™s step in detail. Iā€™ve tried all the image and way of building and compile the project: everything seems work now at software stage.
I had encountered a problem after building the hardware just a moment before closing the case as a final step of this amazing project.
The problem was with the encoders that brings me to spend 3 days to see what happened and why they worked in a strange way. This was that switch want not work properly sometimes and also the rotary function at random stage ( this let me to spend much headache to see if the problem was on the wiring connection, the soldering section or the software configuration).
Iā€™ve encountered the conflict with the gpio leaving the buttons on the display and after discovered just resolved removing them as suggested in the guide :slight_smile:
So I discover that if you tighten the washer of the encoder to close it can also be a conflict for the switch function. I donā€™t know if this happens only to me and my hardware, but, trust me, when I discover that was only a fact of loosen a bit the washer and this brings me to the light. So, I hope that anyone can have the same problem.

Regarding the integration of PureData @jofemodo I success to made it work on my previous raspberry 2 b+ without many problems. It can be too on Zynthian.
I will work on this too next week!
It can be a dream driving some puredataā€™s patches using the encoders.

I will make a new topic about PureData and his implementation in my zynthian project if there is no one already.

Best regards.

p.s. @videobelu it is a pleasure too meeting others italian on this forum :wink:

1 Like

hi guys also iā€™m italian, so i would like to buit it, any suggest about cheap dac and display ?
thanks Regards
Mirco

1 Like

I send you a private message :wink: