The new SD image release is really near now, but it will take some days yet. I hope it will be ready for Christmas! Jojojo!
Those of you that don't want to wait more, can build your own image and help me to test the building script. The script is quite big and take some hours to complete, but at the end, you will have a brand-new Zynthian SD image, with a lot of new features like:
NEW! MOD software integration (MOD-UI + MOD-HOST). Thanks to @C0d3man for his huge contribution to this new feature!!! => You can access your zynthian from the browser: http://zynthian.local:8888
NEW! Lots of LV2 plugins, including the @C0d3man's DeeAxe7. I hope to include the @C0d3man's Dexed-LV2 in the final release
- Refactorized GUI that scale to any screen size. Customizable fonts (ttf) and colors.
NEW! Default snapshot that is loaded at startup => default.zss
NEW! Audio Test function (in Admin menu)
NEW! MIDI Test function (in Admin menu) => you have to load some synth before!!
Improved Network Info function
NEW! Auto-expand the SD partition on first startup => thanks, @C0d3man!!
Improved Setup Script that really works!!!
- Lots of little improvements and fixes.
These are the instructions to build your new SD image:
- Download the minibian SD image => https://minibianpi.wordpress.com/download/
- "Burn" a SD card with the fresh minibian image. It's only about 800MB.
- Boot up your zynthian/raspberry with the new SD and login as root: root, raspberry
- Download the setup script from the minibian terminal:
# wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/zynthian/zynthian-sys/mod/scripts/setup_zynthian.sh
- Run the script. The script will reboot when it finish:
# sh ./setup_zynthian.sh
- Login again and run the script again, this time, using screen (see note below):
# screen -t setup -L sh ./setup_zynthian.sh
- This time it will take some hours to finish, so take a beer and relax. When it finish, you can boot with your brand-new Zynthian SD image Good luck!!
Note: If you get detached from the installation session (or detach by yourself with CTRL-A d), screen will continue the execution of the installation script in the background and you can re-attach with:
# screen -r setup
As i told you, the new image is not ready yet. This is what should be done before the final release:
- Web configuration tool for a bunch of things, like system password, wifi passwords, soundcard model, wiring layout, color scheme, fonts, etc.
- A initial set of MOD demo patches
- Some nice zynthian snapshot demos
- C0d3man's Dexed LV2 Port, with a good amount of DX7 presets
- Lot of testing and VERY IMPORTANT ... don't add more functionality to the list until the new release is out!!!
I will be waiting for your feedback!
Really Kind Regards!