All in one module vs CV/Gate

Hello, i bought a allinone module + knobs modules from one guy on discussion server and iam wondering if its compatible with V4 parts (especially CV/Gate module and display) . Thanks

1 Like

Hi @chinoxr !

Sorry for the delayed and welcome to the zynthian community!
As “official kit provider”, it’s my work to answer this kind of questions, but I ve been quite busy these days :relaxed:

The AllInOne module is not compatible with the Zynaptik module (that integrates the low-level CV/Gate interface) but it could be solved easily.

The root of this incompatibility is the MIDI interface, that is duplicated on both, the AllInOne and the Zynaptik module, so simply don’t solder the MIDI interface on the AllInOne module. If you already solder it, remove the components by cutting the pins. You can also cut the PCB and remove only 3 components, like this:

By doing so, your “SomeInOne” module will be compatible with the Zynaptik module :wink:

Regards,

1 Like

Can the ‘fix’ be done the other way? I.e. disconnect the midi components on zynaptik board?

Yes, of course, but identifying and removing the SMD components could be more difficult, although perfectly doable.

Regards,