Success Cases

Thanks! Yes, these are our two voices, merging together. Normally our music is also incorporating electronic drums and is a tiny bit more structured :wink:

I think we will start with a cheap power bank (10.000 mAh, 5v, 3a) and then take it from there.

1 Like

Well it took almost a month of just thinking about it. Figured it out.

I think the problem was a terminology disconnect between the two of us.

I was working with (and referring to ) Snapshots that have already been saved as snapshots. Because that’s what the Wiki says to use.

I tried again with Audio-FX Layers (not saved as snapshots yet) and was finally able to complete the workflow you described. Once that’s complete… then I’m guessing I can save it as a Snapshot. I just want to take a moment to savor the quick switching before I mess it up with any further additions to my workflow.

Hi!

Here are some pictures of my Zynthian. I bought the V2 Kit a long time ago, unfortunately the Raspberry was still too weak for it. But now it’s a Super SYnth (RP4GB) and with the CV expander (which I ordered yesterday :slight_smile: I’m happy to be able to switch to the modular world!!

This was V1

The retro look bothered me, now it’s in a Nike shoe box (additionally reinforced) with a touch of magic…

Very up to date, finished today.

Greetings from Vienna!

Flo

4 Likes

Congrats @Ivanfrency !! Super nice!!
Do we have any possibility of :face_with_monocle: ?
It would be a pleasure to listen some noise from you Zynth … jejeje!

Regarding the CV expander … i see you are using an old AllInOne module, but the expander kit is only for Zynaptik-1. It’s pretty clear in the title & description of the product.

Zynaptik-1 Expander Kit
This kit include the parts needed for adding all the extra features to your legacy zynaptik-1 module:

Do you have a zynaptik-1 module? If not, i would recommend to cancel your order.

Cheers!

That’s what im have…

is this not the same?

Your AllInOne module doesn’t have the footprints you need for soldering the modules included in the Expander Kit. Only the Zynaptik-1 module have this footprints. I think the best is you cancel your order. Sorry!

Too bad. How much would the cheapest option cost in addition? or what would i need to get it to play?

Hello! I have now received the zynface kit, as I really want it, my question what else I need now. Do you still have a zynaptik 3 extended module available?
Best regards!

Hello all fellow zynthians!

Here is my attempt at an dedicated case for my zynthian build. The goal was to make a fully standalone, portable and rugged design. The system is powered by two 18650 cells and can run for a couple of hours once fully charged. I has built in speakers with an dedicated amplifier. I also have integrated some MIDI-inputs, all driven by a Pro Micro. These are the slider, three knobs, eight buttons and the two axis joystick at the bottom of the user panel. On the sides I have made all the important connections available: USB, RCA line out, 6,3mm headphone jack, power, LAN, 6,3mm line in and a 3,5mm headphone jack.

I’m by no means a musician, but I love to fiddle with electronics and I find great peace in making strange, ambient noises and soundscapes. I would have loved to provide som :face_with_monocle: but I can’t seem to find the “Audio Recorder” menu. It’s no longer available from the main menu (see screenshot below)…

Where is my “Record” menu?

Best regards!
-Audun from Norway

12 Likes

Welcome @f3r0x! I love your strange contraption and eagerly await hearing how you use all those controllers.

The record option is on the main mix bus options menu that you reach by bold pressing SELECT after highlighting the main mix bus strip. You can also use webconf to assign record toggle to a hardware button or add an audio player to a chain which has a record control. The last option is probably closest to the previous menu option. Let’s hear sound so Norway :smile:.

2 Likes

Beautiful Construction!

What’s with the PDP-11 on the left?

Absolutely beautiful! Really love it. For me it looks like a new super funky kind of portable monster synth groovebox to instantly rock anywhere.

1 Like
6 Likes

Thank you!

That is an PiD-11, a 6:10 scale recreation of the original. Every switch and light works as the original, everything is emulated using an Raspberry Pi. You can buy it as a kit, absolutely love it! :slight_smile:

Thank you! :slight_smile:
I will try out your suggestion for assigning a physical button for this. Soon there will be some sounds I hope!

Hello there !

I’m Fred from Paris,
I found this project by chance while I was looking into synthesizers to add some spice to my music … As I had a raspberry pi 4 laying around, decided to build one !

And here it is, nearly finished ( but will it be finished one day ?)

Inside the box :

• Raspberry pi 4
  • 5" touchscreen
  • Hifiberry DAC+ ADC pro
  • custom PCB for MCP23017 and 6.35 jacks
  • piJuice HAT to battery power the thing. (currently with default battery of 1820mAh which is a bit small for Rbpi4 : lasts around 50 minutes … will probably get 5000mAh.

And now for some quick sound !

Regards
Fred

11 Likes

After installing Armbian_22.08.8_Rockpi-4b_jammy_current_5.15.76.img then setting a login password in OS. Update upgrade setting a Wifi access…
What should be the following procedure to build a zynthian ?
Copying files in home OS setup_system_rbpi_raspbian_lite_buster.sh and execute ?
I try this with some fails and “Package…has no installation candidate”.
Shall i copy all zynthian-sys directories and files on OS home for instance ?
Thanks again

Hi @appaz !
I don’t think this path is easily workable. RockPi is not currently supported and the build scripts should be adapted to working with it. So, the next step for building a zynthian on RockPi is porting the setup scripts. You should start here:

I think it’s a hard task and it would take a good amount of time, specially if you want the encoders & switches interface working, but the reward is huge too, so i encourage you to do it and share with us. I’m sure if you succeed, many will follow your path and you will deserve big fame and glory here.

Good luck!!

if it’s apt install that complain you’ll have to investigate wich package it comes from (eg zynthian use kxstudio repo for some packages). If they are none available then you will have to compile it yourself from source.

Like @jofemodo said it’s hard work to get it up. It tooks me hours to get a Zynthian running on a NanoPI K1Plus (Allwinner H5 quad core A53 + 2G RAM).

For WiringPi, I had to tweak an OranegPi port of the library for an OrangePi H5 board, just to build the zyncoder library, not for wiring encoders !!!

No setup script will take care of this.

I suggest that you open the script in a text editor and then

• first do all the apt install stuff,
  • then everything that has to be build from source
  • and lastly do everything that affects configuration files,

A good idea is to make a disk image of the SD Card at each step