BETA-Tests: more LV2 plugins for MOD-UI

I had to install “libxcursor-dev” too ! :slight_smile:

@Lod, you see helm as a new plugin in the MOD-UI menu ?
I’ve done the build and the install (as in the helm.sh) but nothing show up in my menu .

Thank You !

@mrlsk

Hi! Yes the helm synth is listed in “Generators” after the installation using Holgers installation script.

Kind Regards,
Martin

Hi Martin @lod,

thanks for reporting - the installation script is fixed now.

Regards, Holger

1 Like

Hi @C0d3man,

Here’s a little feedback on installing some plugins in zynthian.
Fist, i did a fresh installation of zynthian image to test the update of plugins.

After completing the update:

zynthian-modgui installation didn’t not work for me. The soft links were created in the /lv2 folder, but did not appear in the modgui. :pensive:

For the plugins that already have the modgui (link) I made some changes in the original repository and a simple installation script.

Probably this is not the best way to install modguis, but it works.

In this script are the installs for the following plugins:

• Fomp
  • Guitarix
  • Invaded
  • RakarRak
  • Zam Audio

As the final quantitative of plugins we have:

In the original image: 357 plugins
After the update: 529 plugins
After a few fixes: 594 plugins

Regards!

2 Likes

Great @rod_amaral!

This is of great help for preparing the next SD image!

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

@rod_amaral

Many thanks for testing and reporting!

Argh - forgot a “make install” at the end of the script… fixed.

Have you tested some of the RakarRack-plugins? I had problems/crashes…

Ok, fixed.

Also adapted and fixed.

Ahhh - added “MOD=1” - fixed now.

Added.

Also added.

They should appear after restarting MOD-UI. I am booting after fixing - just to be sure. Works for me…

Ok - I have only 586 plugins. Can you send me a lv2ls? I would like to make a diff and see what’s missing here.

Again: Thanks a lot for wour work!

Regards, Holger

Hi @C0d3man

Here’s the list: https://github.com/rodamaralgeo/zynthian-configs/blob/master/lv2_list.txt

About the RakarRak plugins, I’m having the same problems! :pensive:

Regards, Rod

Many thanks @rod_amaral

I found two additional problems in shiro and mod-pitchshifter in my scripts and fixed them. Now I have the same directories as you - but only 590 plugins listed. Can you create a lv2ls output for me - this is a command whicht lists the URLs of each plugin. I think that I am missing three plugins inside a bundle - but with the current data I cannot exactly see which plugins are missing.

Thanks, Holger

P.S.: lv2ls is a command like the normal ls, but lists LV2 plugins which can be found via the environment variable $LV2_PATH. In combination with lv2info it can tell you very much about the LV2 plugins you have installed.

1 Like

Hi @C0d3man

I updated the file with lv2ls

Regards, Rod

Hi all:
Dev of infamous plugins and maintainer of rackarrack-lv2 ports too.

I just want to say its great to see you using my plugins! Hope you are enjoying them.
infamous plugins are my main focus and I’m slowly adding modguis to them. Currently the modguis are only in the dev branch. I’m in the middle of a major UI overhaul (and it will probably be some time still) and once that is complete I will move the current state of affairs to master and do a release.

rkr-lv2 really is in need of some attention and a lot of testing so please report any specific problems you find. I just don’t have time to give 42 effects a good shakedown. :frowning: Like I mention I’m currently focused on infamous and will probably not get to these for quite some time, but once I do having the bug reports will help a ton.

Finally I want to point you to ams-lv2 (https://github.com/blablack/ams-lv2). MOD-host has full support for the CV ports so it should get you guys some modular synth action going.

I’d heard of the zynthian project but didn’t realize how flexible it was. I might have to pick up a kit…

p.s. helm had their 0.9 release recently and its supposed to support a headless mode now which may be more useful to you than the plugin version… Its definitely one of my favorite linux synths though.

6 Likes

Hi @ssj71!

Welcome to Zynthian community!
Infamous plugins will be included by default in the next official Zynthian image. Great work!

AMS is already included as LV2 plugins, although i’ve removed 2 or 3 that didn’t work. I’ve to do more tests with it …

Helm seems really interesting and i will test it ASAP. Thanks! :wink:
It could be integrated in Zynthian as LV2 plugin with very little work. A standalone custom integration could be done also, but it’s not so easy.

Best Regards

1 Like

+1 for Helm

This one is great like zynaddsubfx and i have the feeling it runs a bit better on the Pi`s hardware.

Regards,
Martin

2 Likes

Hi @ssj71

… have read much of your posts at MOD-forum :wink:

Ah - thanks for this information! I will try to update the Zynthian buildscript next week.

Regards, Holger

2 Likes

Hi! Do you have Loopor (https://github.com/stevie67/loopor) in this set?

1 Like

Hi @brkl

will try to install this the next days.

Regards, Holger

Now it is. Please pull and run recipe/loopor.sh .

Regards, Holger

2 Likes

Hi @C0d3man !

I was looking for a dedicated drumsynth and I came across this one here:

Its available as a LV2. Here is the GitHub link:

Is a zynthian integration doable? It would be :sunglasses: to have a analog style drumsynth …

Regards!
Martin

3 Likes

Ok - added to recipes. Compiles and load. Havn’t tested if it make noize. Can you check this?

Regards, Holger

2 Likes

Hello @C0d3man !

Thank you for setting this up, here is my report:

I did run the install script:

root@zynthian:/zynthian/zynthian-recipe/recipe# sh stegosaurus.sh
Cloning into 'stegosaurus'...
remote: Counting objects: 99, done.
remote: Total 99 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 99
Unpacking objects: 100% (99/99), done.
Checking connectivity... done.
Setting top to                           : /zynthian/zynthian-sw/plugins/stegosaurus
Setting out to                           : /zynthian/zynthian-sw/plugins/stegosaurus/build
Checking for 'gcc' (C compiler)          : /usr/bin/gcc

Global Configuration
 * Install prefix                        : /usr/local
 * Debuggable build                      : False
 * Build documentation                   : False

stegosaurus Configuration
Checking for program 'pkg-config'        : /usr/bin/pkg-config
Checking for 'lv2' >= 1.4.1              : yes
 * LV2 bundle directory                  : /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2

'configure' finished successfully (0.801s)
Waf: Entering directory `/zynthian/zynthian-sw/plugins/stegosaurus/build'
[ 1/18] Compiling manifest.ttl.in
[ 2/18] Compiling stegosaurus.ttl.in
[ 3/18] Compiling stegosaurus.c
[ 4/18] Compiling stegosaurus_synth.c
[ 5/18] Compiling wavetable.c
[ 6/18] Compiling fastmaths.c
[ 7/18] Compiling noise.c
[ 8/18] Compiling stegosaurus_ui.c
[ 9/18] Compiling deliriumUI/deliriumUI.c
[10/18] Compiling deliriumUI/button.c
[11/18] Compiling deliriumUI/knob.c
[12/18] Compiling deliriumUI/microknob.c
[13/18] Compiling deliriumUI/fader.c
[14/18] Compiling deliriumUI/switch.c
[15/18] Compiling deliriumUI/adsr.c
[16/18] Compiling pugl/pugl_x11.c
[17/18] Linking build/stegosaurus.lv2/stegosaurus.so
[18/18] Linking build/stegosaurus.lv2/stegosaurus_ui.so
Waf: Leaving directory `/zynthian/zynthian-sw/plugins/stegosaurus/build'
'build' finished successfully (1.868s)
Waf: Entering directory `/zynthian/zynthian-sw/plugins/stegosaurus/build'
+ install /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2/stegosaurus-presets.lv2/electro.ttl (from presets.lv2/electro.ttl)
+ install /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2/stegosaurus.lv2/manifest.ttl (from build/stegosaurus.lv2/manifest.ttl)
+ install /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2/stegosaurus.lv2/waves/sine.wav (from waves/sine.wav)
+ install /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2/stegosaurus-presets.lv2/electro2.ttl (from presets.lv2/electro2.ttl)
+ install /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2/stegosaurus.lv2/stegosaurus.so (from build/stegosaurus.lv2/stegosaurus.so)
+ install /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2/stegosaurus.lv2/stegosaurus.ttl (from build/stegosaurus.lv2/stegosaurus.ttl)
+ install /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2/stegosaurus-presets.lv2/electro3.ttl (from presets.lv2/electro3.ttl)
+ install /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2/stegosaurus.lv2/stegosaurus_ui.so (from build/stegosaurus.lv2/stegosaurus_ui.so)
+ install /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2/stegosaurus-presets.lv2/electro4.ttl (from presets.lv2/electro4.ttl)
+ install /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2/stegosaurus-presets.lv2/electro6.ttl (from presets.lv2/electro6.ttl)
+ install /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2/stegosaurus-presets.lv2/electronic.ttl (from presets.lv2/electronic.ttl)
+ install /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2/stegosaurus-presets.lv2/electronic2.ttl (from presets.lv2/electronic2.ttl)
+ install /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2/stegosaurus-presets.lv2/electronic3.ttl (from presets.lv2/electronic3.ttl)
+ install /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2/stegosaurus-presets.lv2/electronic_new.ttl (from presets.lv2/electronic_new.ttl)
+ install /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2/stegosaurus-presets.lv2/electronic_new2.ttl (from presets.lv2/electronic_new2.ttl)
+ install /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2/stegosaurus-presets.lv2/electronic_new3.ttl (from presets.lv2/electronic_new3.ttl)
+ install /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2/stegosaurus-presets.lv2/electronicq.ttl (from presets.lv2/electronicq.ttl)
+ install /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2/stegosaurus-presets.lv2/manifest.ttl (from presets.lv2/manifest.ttl)
Waf: Leaving directory `/zynthian/zynthian-sw/plugins/stegosaurus/build'
'install' finished successfully (0.099s)
'clean' finished successfully (0.034s)

After the installation the plugin is visible in ModUI. It is also possible to place it on the pedalboard (its listed in “all” but - not in the “generator” section) and wire it to the in and out. Furthermore it is possible to open the plugin and selekt a preset. The knobs are also looking assigned to the plugins functions.

But if I try to send MIDI no sound is played and ModUI crashes/disconnects. After reconnecting to the webinterface the board is empty.

Can I provide more helpfull info or do you have abn idea whats going on?

Regards!
Martin

Hi Martin @lod

thanks for testing! Very strange. I just tested on my adm64 installation of MOD-UI and it works. Must be a problem with compiling the code on the Raspi. I hope I have some time to take a look at this at weekend.

Regards, Holger

1 Like