Bye Bye V4... V5 is coming!

Yeah! Built a ton of my eurorack studio with this technique, but to be honest I ended up switching back to hand soldering smd because it just felt nicer. If you have any other questions about this technique feel free to message me!

I am prehistoric … it’s been a long time since I soldered SMD circuits … it can be seen from the dust … :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

These designs look amazing…

What a leap in design from v4!
I wish you happy developing and bug free coding :wink:

Thrilling indeed!

As of now, can you still confirm the end of May/early June, approximately, as possible release spot for V5?

1 Like

We are getting really close now:

Mass production is on the way for a first batch of 200 units. Almost all the parts are stocked or ordered. If nothing goes wrong, V5 will be ready to sell by June.

Of course, it’s not only hardware! I’m working hard in the new keypad-based workflow. It’s being quite challenging, but today i landed on a sweet point and recorded some jamming. The new workflow allows to create patterns and song sketches in just a few minutes. This took less than 10 minutes from scratch:

Enjoy!

14 Likes

Yes - please tell me a story!

4 Likes

What a sleek and reassuringly sturdy appearance, this coming little new beast of a Zynthian 5!

So good to know that the first production batch in the hundreds is on the way :+1: :star2:

Keep up with the fine work @jofemodo!

1 Like

V5 is very beautiful. I like the case very much. I will buy a kit later (without Raspbi).

Nice work. Perhaps a vid of the workflow would be more useful than the resulting audio if you can make time :>

Nice!!! Sounds like “The Cure” :grinning:

More in the same sound-line …

I’m super happy with the new zynpad layout :ok_hand: :grin:

BTW, all patterns has been captured with the pattern editor’s record function.

Enjoy!

6 Likes

While awaiting to have all the V5 parts, we are working on some extras for the V5 …

Regarding the angle, 2 super-simple pieces could do the trick nicely:

Regarding the vesa mount, we already have ordered a prototype:

Enjoy,

7 Likes

Hi, @jofemodo The new design is fantastic!
Based on your artwork, I submit an idea that I suppose more than one will have cherished at some point…

11 Likes

Here’s another one from zynpads…

Most of the 8 bell patterns . . .

zynpad-8bell-patterns

and the .zss . .

015-8 bell patterns.zss (35.2 KB)

4 Likes

bells-zynpad-1

Rather more attractive…!still sounds the same…

2 Likes

Isn’t she?

But… :face_with_monocle: :face_with_monocle: :face_with_monocle: :face_with_monocle: ???

1 Like

Its pretty!
Its it planned to be a per-assembled PCB?

Yes, but our crazy genes will answer you better. :wink:

Pretty??? I’d rob a bank to get one… :pleading_face: