Hi there !
I’ve downloaded the Zynthian image here for my Zynthian Kit v4.6
https://os.zynthian.org/zynthianos-last-stable.zip
Twice.
Burned the image with raspberry tool :
CaptureZynthian
Burned with Etcher
CaptureZynthian02

And my Zynthian don’t want to turn on, the screen doesn’t lit, red and green LED of the raspberry pi 4 are on.
… i’m afraid of one particular thing: I didn’t find anyone else with this same problem.

What should i do ?

I just completed my Zynthian late last night. I booted it up and it sat there for the longest time with a black screen. I looked through the back and I could see a red LED lit and the build instructions say it could take a long time. So I just let it sit and came back about 30 minutes later and it was up and running. Once up and running I checked for updates and let that go on for a while.

Did you verify all of your cable connections? How long did you let it sit before you determined it wasn’t working as expected?

Thanks for the answer. I let it on for five to 10 minutes maybe. I will try more.

I have checked the cables one more time too yes :wink:

Did you had the same result as me when puting the images to the SD card ?

I couldn’t read the message on the screen (I only understand English). But using Etcher I flashed the image with no issues. If the latest stable isn’t flashing clean, that could be your issue. SD card issue?

Sorry I can’t help more. But the first boot may have been longer than 10 minutes. I was VERY nervous that I wired screwed something up and fried it. My suggestion is to boot it up and come back later. Watching it nervously will drive you crazy. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

The message say that what is written doesn’t seem 100% as it should after checking.
It’s the very first time that I see this message in my diy life.
17 minute now and still powered with no screen :wink:
I hope it will be okay before I leave home, and if not I will certainly buy a new SD card !

I’d try reflashing the image again. If it failed the check, that sounds like your problem. I can confirm that I used the same image and it flashed and verified 100%.

Ok. I will try a third micro-sd holder, in an other computer and see where it goes.
34 minutes and still black :wink:

If it’s still not coming up, take the kit apart and share photos of the connections.

Hi @Wapata , you will ended up with a non working setup so long you can’t write correctly the image to the SD card.
Also check that the image that you have downloaded is not corrupted.

So !
Brand new SD card and it’s working !!
… Kind of :wink: New build V4.6 first boot issue

3 Likes