Controller usb/midi MiniMoog

Loudness contours are all 270 degrees (same file).
Oscillator 2 and 3 are at 330 degrees but have two more marks.

The various volumes are at 330 degrees to respect the inclination of the numbers…

I tried to make them the same as those of the MiniMoog.

I have to modify the 3 of the RANGE …

minimoog

I thought (sometimes I do it too …), that I could add to the panel the controls that are next to the keyboard … Using the controller with Arturia MiniMoog it can work … with Raffo Synth … we will see what will be implemented by the wonderful creators …

OSC 3 range scale is wonky!

Is the bad definition… i think… :blush:

I think riban meant the range to the left which has two LO settings, one being mono.

… and Riban is right …
Now it should be right.

it’s notes & volts that I used to do this, my post on 18th of july

it’s just my 4th MIDI controller :heart_eyes:

Xavier

Hi Xavier,
I hadn’t seen your video … it would have saved me a lot of work … I found the video that is at the beginning of this tread and I thought the same thing as you … I just didn’t great mechanical means to achieve it. I have a friend who works as a hobbyist with lasers and I do something with electronics and Arduino. I will watch your video for get some useful information. Thank you

Just pics, I didn’t make any video but I did post 2 tutorials in Gearspace

My first which is a simple Joystick & 2 knobs :

and a more ambitious one :

Xavier

Still wonky!

Thanks Riban,
It seems the same to me … explain to me what you see wrong with simple words because my English (googleian) limits me a lot …

Sorry! My mistake. I hadn’t realised the original MiniMoog was wonky! The switch for OSC 3 range has an extra (7th) step which makes the switch start further round than the other switches. You can get 1 pole 12 position rotary switches which you can set the stop so that it can be configured as required, e.g. 6 or 7 position that are needed here.

Riban is not wrong …
it is Mr. Moog who made the mistake … :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Thanks Riban

1 Like

I’ve been looking at RaffoSynth and it isn’t really fair to say it is a MiniMoog emulator. It is an analogue modelling synth with some similarities / inspired by with the MiniMoog but it differs in many ways:

Difference RaffoSynth MiniMoog
Different oscilator range 2’, 4’, 8’, 16’ 32’ LO, 32’, 16’, 8’, 4’, 2’
Different set and order of oscilator waveforms triangle, saw, square, pulse triangle, triangle/sawtooth (OSC1&2), reverse sawtooth (OSC3), Sawtooth, Pulse 1 (square), Pulse 2 (wide), Pulse 3 (narrow)
OSC1 tune range -12 … +12 (semitones?) -2 … +2 (octaves?)
OSC2 & 3 tune range -12 … +12 (absolute) -7 … +7 (relative)
Quantity of oscilators 4 3
LFO None OSC3 can be switched to LFO modulation
Noise Generator None White / Pink
Envelope Amp & Filter ADSR Amp & Filter ADS

The list goes on… Maybe one day someone might enhance RaffoSynth to be a proper MiniMoog emulator (including improving its performance and characteristics) but for now it can at best be described as a mono synth inspired by the MiniMoog.

The Calf Monosynth is a pretty cool machine with lots of configuration but it is also not a MimiMoog!

Sorry Riban, but maybe this is a stupid question … how do you load a sound like Pianoteq into the Zynthian, can’t you manage to load Arturia’s MiniMoog? obviously owning the license …
… or even all of Arturia’s synths?

Pianoteq demo is provided with Zynthian firmware so you can add it as an engine (instrument) and play it with the limitations of the demo, i.e. many black notes do not play and sound stops after some minutes. You can upload your Pianoteq license to Zynthain to enable the version you may have purchased.

Arturia’s MiniMoog “works in Standalone, VST, AAX, Audio Unit, NKS (64-bit DAWs only)” none of which are supported by Zynthian. Zynthian supports LV2 plugins of which there are many included with Zynthian. LV2 is similar to VST in its provision but uses different technology. LV2 is mostly used on Linux based systems and there are few paid for plugins but many free plugins.

This project is great! but I think it is only at the beginning … When he grows up he will have even more beautiful sounds … I believe in it a lot.
in my recording studio I have thousands of sounds bought over the years … I believe that if the Zynthian had, in addition to the sounds it has now, a good MiniMoog … it would make flames and fire …

Take a look at the Zynthian website for a description of shine of the features the device has. There are hundreds of sings, effects, processors, etc. It is a treasure trove of sound delights.

This page describes some of the synthesis engines available.

With me you are breaking down an open door …
I am convinced that Zynthian is a Great musical instrument. But Music is a personal thing that makes every soul vibrate differently. I have been playing for 45 years (as a hobby) and I have done many concerts with my bands … so I have very clear ideas about the sounds I want, because the music I play for me needs THOSE sounds. Today, music requires other sounds. For me the sounds are the whole Arturia Analog series, the Ensemble native Instruments series and a nice Omnisphere … I think this is the best for my taste … Then my Yamaha Piano completes it all . Zynthian is the instrument that I was missing to have something always with me and that connected to a master keyboard makes a good impression if you play with friends … I believe in it a lot.

1 Like

I found a company near my home that laser engraves black aluminum panels …
I think it’s all right now …
I await your welcome judgment and then off we go …
I will have to wait a month and a half before the chips from China arrive … Painful waiting … but in the meantime I can mount the potentiometers and switches …

I deleted the Logo for obvious reasons…

1 Like