CUIA: Callable UI Actions - "LAYER_UP","LAYER_DOWN"

I was hoping to find something like “SELECT_UP/DOWN” as “LAYER_UP/DOWN”,“BACK_UP/DOWN”,“LEARN_UP/DOWN”

This is for my backup Zynth which is an audio-injector, an external HDMI screen and a wireless keyboard.

I am envisioning an external USB controller based upon an Arduino Nano with encoders, and acting as a USB keyboard connected to the RPi.

I have added this to the stepseq branch. It may require further work on various other parts of the application. @jofemodo will need to review my proposal and decide if we should proceed and what other modules need updating.

Sounds great! Thanks @riban!

@riban ,

So to resurrect this idea. Since these are now implemented in the main UI, and are quite useful.

I am looking for an additional enhancement where the engine encoder events up/down would also be available so that for each/any page of the engine, the parameters can be adjusted the same as using the built in encoders. This would allow for externally connected encoders to fully control the zynth engine. I am developing the hardware in: Arduino USB HID Controller
Mine is configured as a HID Keyboard, and @wyleu’s is using MIDI controlled CUIA

I’ve been over the code a number of times looking for a way to expand this, but I’m afraid my grasp of Python, and the Zynthian code is just not up to the task at the moment.

Can you point me in the right direction, of where and what would need to be implemented/called to expand this? I was thinking in zynthian_gui.py something like “SELECT_UP_E”, “SELECT_DOWN_E” with “_E” for “Encoder” but then I’m not sure what to call…