Custom Boot Screen

Jajaja! Ohhh! I love it, it’s kind of dark … but all my zynthian displays are smaller than yours. Anyway, it’s a matter of taste. I will allow to have a custom set of images, OK? :wink:

Please, open an issue …

Regards,

1 Like

Feature request #123

2 Likes

Hi @ll,

nice work! But I have a problem on the PiTFT-2.8":

It looks like the image is too big for this display… any chance to get it working?

Regards, Holger

1 Like

:question:
That’s weird. I did render the image at 320x240. I think something else is wrong…

It’s working for me on the same display. Try deleting old images and update again.

Ahhh, ok - got it! The problem was: I started the fresh image first on my Zynthian v2 (with the 3.5" OzMaker screen). After that I took the SD card and put it into the Disco-Zynthian with the 2.8" PiTFT, so (I think) the generated images were for the 3.5" screen.

I started the script /zynthian/sbin/generate_fb_splash.sh and now it looks better :smiley:

Regards, Holger

1 Like

hm, but shouldn’t it be possible to change the screen?
I had no issues using images in different zynthians so far.

Yes, it should work … when changing the display from webconf, background images are regenerated.

Regards,

So, should I render the images at a higher resolution? Would that improve the quality of images on bigger screens?

1 Like

I personally like the glowing Error. But the bending effect of the logo and the zynthian is a bit disturbing to me.

2 Likes

Let me see if I can rig up a better set of images. Stay tuned… :wink:

Brand new default Zynthian splash screens!

@jofemodo Can I submit a PR for these?

BTW, these images are rendered at 1280x960. If they need to be smaller, I can make that happen.

2 Likes

You should do it :wink:

1 Like

Done!

1 Like

Merged! Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Can I use png or jpeg images or do I need to use raw?

I used .png and these instructions:

You shouldn’t have to mess with the .raw files.