Eurorack

This probably sounds daft, but the ‘blank plates’ are because I have no exact idea what I will be mounting in them. They are cheaper to 3d print than it is to buy sheet aluminium. I will be going at some of these with my Dremel over time, as I begin to understand which things need jack sockets and dials.

Iterative design!! I’ve a pedalboard full of it !!!

Today feels very much like Christmas at Chez Brocolli. It’s snowing out side and I just got a present from Santa.

:santa::snowman_with_snow::snowman:

Thank you @jofemodo … I promise to make as much noise as possible with this!

3 Likes

A few :face_with_monocle: are mandatory, and of course, you could contribute to the Wiki too :innocent:

Enjoy!

1 Like

New soundcard arrived today. Looks like them 3d printed ‘ears’ are going to work a charm to make it 19" rack mount, and the holes fit panel mounts great.

Now I need to figure out a case.

7 Likes

Got my first rack mounted 19" eurorack rack in the rack. Nearly ran out of space already. Need more. I knew this was how it was going to go down.

8 Likes

Further updatings… The thing is becoming a beast. It makes sounds on its own now. Next up, connections to the zynth maybe?

5 Likes

It’s looking like this now…

Today I built this radio module… it is called a tesseract low coast.

And to satisfy the :face_with_monocle: types among you, here is what happened when I first ‘tuned it out’

3 Likes

:crazy_face:

1 Like

The beast becomes increasingly complex. I have added a row and shifty’d everything around a bit. A few more modules here and there.

I also went full tilt at the zynface board. My old mate ‘fake dremmel’ helped me chop a bit off the bottom.

And I redrilled the holes so now it fits in my rack.

Seems ok.

So, zynface connects to zynaptik board, and zynaptik board connects to pi right? I have a single ribbon cable for zynface to zynaptik… Can someone help me find the zynaptik to pi lead? Preferably a UK supply?

Last time I tried with loose rainbow Dupont wires and I let the smoke out of my first zynaptik… don’t want to do that again :wink:

Ta

3 Likes

Your rabbit hole aka eurorack seems to be growing nicely!
I’m sorry that I can’t help you with the cable, but this only shows the need for an euro compatible zynface or even better an official zynthian module with the zynface as an extension :wink:

Main module with pi, display and encoders
Zynface module for the I/O that can connect to the main module or (over an optional cable) with an ( often already existing) desktop unit. Could be a nice starting point for a rack :drooling_face:

1 Like

Zynthian comes with a short cable to connect the RPi to the screen and zynaptic. This is also available in the store. If you need a longer one I may be able to oblige. I think I saw one in the garage. A 40 core ribbon cable with three IDC DIL connectors - an old IDE cable.

IDE you say… Hold that thought…

I guess it’s a big day at Chedz Broccoli!

I hope this works!

2 Likes

Presumably several of these will have to be stress tested to destruction to ascertain their suitability…?

I certainly hope not… I’d prefer not to blow anything up on this occasion

EPIC! I’m so happy!

6 Likes

Brave man!!! So get it to work!

Modular => CV/Gate input => Zynthian Layer

Could you share your configuration?
Perhaps you would like to contribute by improving the wiki docs about this :wink:

Regards

1 Like

And do @wyleu 's homework for him? :joy::joy::joy: We worked on it together last night, and I am sure we will again. I’m glad I got this far…but it was very late when I actually made it work last night, and there is still lots to do…

I see in and out for analogue but for digital I think there is only input? Any clues how I can configure digital outputs? Also is there a way I can send note pitch to the analogue outs?

Basically, this has opened up a long list of questions about how to use the connections, that I am sure will fill up wiki pages.

1 Like

We had a long old session of confirmation.
i2cdetect -y 1 proved the i2c connection to the zynaptik.

We found this was independant of the interrupts. And is a good sanity check.
The config that worked (for me) involved setting the wiring to 23017 extra after setting the environmental variables which allowed me to config them.
MrBrocolli had the dtoa chip which I don’t have but he’s obviously found a way to config round this, it was complaining about missing _ISR variables.

2 Likes