Eurorack

Don’t I know it … :smiley:

@MrBroccoli could we moot again to work out quite where the edge of this process now is?@ wed25/08/2021: 19:00?

We can, at least do input, both analog and digital.

I’m tempted to build a 555 Clock !! :smiley:

Wait … are you trying to make zynthclub twice a week? Not sure about that… I don’t think I can make next Monday either… (bank holiday, seaside visit booked)

Maybe I can do a ted talk on it all tomorrow evening and show @wyleu what I have working so far?

No problem! I’m away at my father’s 90th this week, but couldn’t possibly impose on Clacton in any way during that time, obviously . . . :smiley:

a ted talk
That sounds better! and also probably count’s as a :face_with_monocle:

Discovery’s of morning:
It boots up from power down with all the input still working.
So that’s reassuring that the configs are holding together.

For the zynaptik to work you must have a layer loaded.

So tonight? Are we?

Sadly, I’m driving down to Essex for my father’s 90th birthday so wont be able to be there . . .

That’s not to say your TED talk couldn’t be refined !

It’s a simple process @riban pushes me I push @MrBroccoli . . .

I am investigating ( trying to get running) LV2 as a module to implement the latching mechanism for the switches & LED’s
Perhaps the Zynthian infrastructure could maintain a default implementation for allowing precisely this sort of mucking around?

Only operates on selected MASTER Channel. Allows MIDI note echo’ing as default to implement Light up Pads et al?

This becomes the basis of hardware recognition and acknowledgement.
The DUO PIANO would probably plug in round about here with it’s need for a startup kick.

Define an external piece of hardware as a name tag and a similarly named bit of LV2 Turtle and build.

Just think how much information we could easily access if we built the RDF side of this properly.

I can’t follow this timeline. On Wednesday @wyleu suggested Wednesday. On Thursday @MrBroccoli suggests Thursday. Maybe a little more notice might improve success.

I offered tonight, as I am away all next week.

Change is a pain. Apologies.

1 Like

Game changer :-

I just figured out that a eurorack panel has equivalent size to a few other common products,

A eurorack panel is 3u high.

3u is 5.25" which is the same size as a pc CD/DVD blanking plate.

If that isn’t cool enough for you, it is also about the same size as a 16 Lego plate… I am about to order up some 2x16 plates :wink:

1 Like

All these old imperial units!

Those 16 Lego plates sure do fit well!

1 Like

And … how do they sound :face_with_monocle: ?

1 Like

Just found at Tindie:

1 Like

@C0d3man I just found this on my door Matt! Thanks for the heads up.

2 Likes

Hi @MrBroccoli ,

Is it Christmas already?

I’m already curious how it looks fully stocked. Please send pictures :slight_smile:

It may be a while away yet… I only have these parts so far, and I have plans to modify it a little to meet my needs… I will post though.

An ongoing process of about fifty years!

Well, considering it only arrived today, I feel that’s a bit harsh… Especially as we are talking about modular stuff … it’s not really supposed to be “finished” but rather “evolving”.

I think I’m still designing my first synth in my head and I set iron to copper on that back in 1974. . .

Alternative zynthian on a eurorack module?

3 Likes