Have I told you lately

… how much I love the Oberheim emulator?

And the new presets, they are awesome.

7 Likes

Sorry for categorising but a kind of polyphonic elp which is interesting!

1 Like

Haha

I don’t think we have elps in Iceland.

Is that somekind of moose?

1 Like

There are some similarities…

2 Likes

OB-Xd is my favourite too by the way!

1 Like

Ah. Of course :slight_smile:

Course you could go and submit to the Jump challenge which is taking place in one of the innumerable draughty rooms in Zynthian Castle, here or here about . . .

4 Likes
2 Likes

Also, bang the YK chorus on it as well.

1 Like

On it.

1 Like

Fantastic ! Is this all Zynthian ?
(Sorry I’m new here)
Kind regards
Vincent

Everything but the drums :slight_smile:

Well those sounds are absolutely gorgeous, great playing too. Reminds me what it’s all about : music!
Anyway i’m one of the those trying to break free from DAW…playing with an Octatrack and ‘real’ bass, guitars and vocals, the only remaining problem was getting rid of Reason (i’m a Thor addict), and it seems the Zynthian is the ticket to that.
Thanks for sharing these tracks,
Vincent

I use Reason and Zynthian.
Awesome combo :slight_smile:

I see you use Reason 10 to record. Simple question; why not use the keyboards and other instruments available in Reason? Is the Zynthian that good, compared to those? I personally aim at the Zynthian to go completely hardware, you see what I mean?
OK gotta go back to my nap now (I live in France after all😉)
Kind regards,
Vincent

Good question.

Yes I think many of the instruments in Zynthian are better. Some of them are just more interesting than the ones in Thor or NN XT.

Try the OBXD f.x. (You need pi4 though)

I’ve been A/B testing Radical Keyes and Zynthian rhodes/keys and the Zynthian keyboard sounds are much more interesting. Open source sampling with all the imperfections can be great.

There is also something to be said about having the Zynthian as a hardware and creativity. There is something different about having some knobs to turn.

The plus side is being able to take your Zynthian on the road and play it live.

2 Likes

Is it possible to -don’t quite know how to put this- ‘play’ more than one ‘instrument’ at the same time?
I guess my question is about layering, not sure. In fact I hope it’s possible to obtain the ‘marble rolling’ arpeggios like it is on the Organelle.
to be honest I hope the Zynthian (which I choose above the Organelle for a number of reasons) has at least equivalent ‘creative’ capacities, see what I mean?
to me it’s a lot about sound exploration, but it’s hard to get an idea of the Zynthian’s capabilities just by going on YT.
I’m sorry but it’s part of the quest, I have the same disorder when it comes to tube amps and guitars (which I build myself). I am searching for that perfect sound.
Aren’t we all?
have a nice easter weekend,
Vincent

Yes :slight_smile:

Someone can maybe explain this better but you can play several layers an once by assigning different midi channels.

It’s the clone option in the Options Menu.

Actually that doesn’t appear to be behaving itself…

Anyone else not able to move of MIDI screen…? I’m not actually using encoders on this machine so it could be an edge case. . .

Yes, thanks a lot for this feedback. I actually read about Aeolus aswell, wonder if this has anything to do with my question? Mmm, guess I’ll just have to wait to find out for myself :wink:
Going for the Zynthian is a bit ‘risky’ considering there’s not an awful amount of demos available, but the little information I found made me pull the trigger, so I just hope I did the right thing.

Please allow me to throw in a link to my YT channel (SheLovesDisco!), with some videos I made of some of my songs.

There’s a lot more but the whole video creation just isn’t my thing. I make music for films and other ‘normal’ stuff like indie.

Anyway I felt like I might do this, maybe to introduce myself a little bit.

Vincent

3 Likes