HELP NEEDED: Create nice MOD-GUIs

@jofemodo rodamaralgeo :grinning:

Perfect! You should receive an invitation from github …

Hi Gyus,

Some modgui’s:

https://github.com/rodamaralgeo/modgui

2 Likes

Very nice and many thanks!!! We will try to integrate them into main-Zynthian. I think the best way is if you can create a pull request to zynthian-modgui. That’s the only way to get your commits into the main repository without copying your work (and getting all the awards for your work).

Do you know how to do this?

Regards, Holger

Hi @rod_amaral!

I’ve sent you an invitation from github to take part in Zynthian’s team. Please, check your email or your account in github.

Regards!

1 Like

Hi @C0d3man

I’m a noob on Github. Could you take a little step by step how do I upload?

Thank you!
Regards

Hi @rod_amaral!

You should have full access to this repository:

From here, any git/github tutorial can show you the way:

Kind Regards!

1 Like

Hi @Zynthianers!

I uploaded some modgui’s to the zynthian plugins.

I’ve noticed that some are missing the thumbnails, so I’ll fix it as soon as possible.

I did the installation on my zynhtian by cloning the repository and moving the files to /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2 folder.

Regards!

2 Likes

Hi @rod_amaral,

many thanks! I will check out this the next days - currently to much to do other things.

@jofemodo, @rod_amaral: I think it would be better to create directory like /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2/modgui and checkout the repository into this folder. For the plugins the LV2_PATH environment variable has to be extended at the start scripts at /etc/systemd/system/*. What do you think?

Regards, Holger

EDIT: just fixed my type i the path!

I think, that it is not necessary to use “zynthian” as prefix for subdirectories of /zynthian.
/zynthian/plugins should be fine.

The current hierarchy has “long” names (e.g. /zynthian/zynthian-.../). I think this should not be changed to avoid instability. So the path /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2/modgui (sorry - type in my post above just corrected) should be fine.

A am currently not 100% sure what happens when a plugin has its own modgui and an “newer” one is installed in the additional repo-path: Which one would be taken? Will investigate this soon.

Regards, Holger

Hi @rod_amaral

now I had time to check your work! NICE! Many thanks! I think before Maker-Faire-Berlin I will try to create also some MOD-GUIs. Can you say which plugins are the next you will create for?

Regards, Holger

1 Like

Hi @C0d3man,

Now i’m trying to fix some modguis that are not working properly.

When i run “scripts/recipes/postinstall_mod-lv2-data.sh”, RakarRak plugins no longer appear in the list of modui plugins, only 4 plugins appear. The SWH Tape Delay after upgrade also presents errors when being added to a pedalboard.

Regards!

Ahhh, please don’t use this script. It is old and only a try to get some of the precreated moduis onto Zynthian. But it hasn’t worked. So please: don’t use it. It will destroy much of your work.

Regards, Holger

1 Like

Hi @rod_amaral

I wrote a recipe-script for the installation/update of (your) modguis from the zynthian-modgui-repo. It is located as usually in the zynthian-recipe repo and is called zynthian-modgui.sh. (This script is also added to the global plugin install-recipe update_zynthian.sh)

Wow - a lot of nice modguis - now the MOD-UI looks really better than before! Great work!!!

I noticed some smaller problems with the following plugin:

Error opening file /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2/Tape_Delay_Simulation.modgui/manifest.ttl (No such file or directory)
lilv_world_load_file(): error: Error loading file file:///zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2/Tape_Delay_Simulation.modgui/manifest.ttl' lilv_world_load_bundle(): error: Error reading file:///zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2/Tape_Delay_Simulation.modgui/manifest.ttl Error opening file /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2/Tape_Delay_Simulation.modgui/manifest.ttl (No such file or directory) lilv_world_load_file(): error: Error loading file file:///zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2/Tape_Delay_Simulation.modgui/manifest.ttl’
lilv_world_load_bundle(): error: Error reading file:///zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2/Tape_Delay_Simulation.modgui/manifest.ttl
Error opening file /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2/Tape_Delay_Simulation.modgui/manifest.ttl (No such file or directory)
lilv_world_load_file(): error: Error loading file `file:///zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2/Tape_Delay_Simulation.modgui/manifest.ttl’
lilv_world_load_bundle(): error: Error reading file:///zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2/Tape_Delay_Simulation.modgui/manifest.ttl

I think there are some problems with the directory structure of Tape_Delay_Simulation.modgui. Can you take a a look at this?

Regards, Holger

Hi @C0d3man

OK! I’ll check it out tonight!

Regards

1 Like

Hi @C0d3man

This effect alredy has a modgui:

I will remove it from the repository

Regards

Hello, new modgui created by myself

NoiseMaker, Dexed, amsynth, and others …

no compilation, just copy

5 Likes

Nice, at some point I’d like to come up with a decent pattern for these kind of overlay modgui interfaces, there are also the overlays in mod-lv2-data. It looks like your repo might share some history with mod-lv2-data, can you explain where each overlay came from?

Some modgui made with mod-sdk and other by myself… it’s just html coding ! Recently added zynthian gouping for ui

2 Likes