Improved Audio Routing: Output & Input

Both to both:

Right only routes to right only:

Ups! It’s a bug … let me fix it!

Hi @riban!

Please, update and test …

That’s better :wink:. Thanks for fixing that. It makes sense now. (I will merge these changes into the zynmixer branch.)

After today’s update, the routing of effects inside the channel fell off… do not work any old snapshots or newly created, the sound goes directly, bypassing the chain of added effects.

2020-05-27-zynthianos-buster-lite-1.0.0, RP4…

Curious! I’ve not commited any related changes in the last days/weeks, so it’s strange:

• Did you remember when you last updated before today?
  • Have you tried to restart your zynthian after the update?
  • The problem is related to old snapshots only? Does it work if you create a layer from scratch?

Thanks!

If all else fails clear down your default to no layers and build up again from that. @riban suggested this one. :smiley:

Post the software versions shown in the software section of webconf main page.

@Baggypants has mentioned similar behaviour after several updates in the past!

Maybe time for someone to raise a GitHub ticket?

yes…

lately…

all…

:face_with_monocle: :nerd_face: :kissing_heart:

when? :wink:

mi culpa, padre… :grin:

corrected my message

For the love of science, I installed an image “2020-05-27-zynthianos-buster-lite-1.0.0” on the SD card…
After the update procedure, effects routing fails… newly created snapshots don’t work correctly, just like the old ones.

Everything works correctly before the update…

Sorry @Roma, i can’t reproduce the issue, but i can’t try with the image you are using because my BW is very limited here. I’m using 2020-07-06.

Could you try with a more recent SD image? This one should work …

https://os.zynthian.org/2020-07-15-zynthianos-buster-lite-armhf-1.0.0.zip

Regards,

1 Like

BTW, could somebody confirm the issue with a fresh Buster RC2?

Thanks

I installed the image “2020-07-15-zynthianos-buster-lite-armhf-1.0.0”…
The problem is related to linuxsampler, after saving the preset with the added effects plugins, it connects directly to the output during subsequent loading, bypassing the effects.

This behavior occurs both before and after the zynthian update.

I tested with linuxsampler and it worked for me …
Does it work OK with other engines?

Сhecked with three more engines - Pianoteq, MDA ePiano, and Fluidsynth, no problem…
the plug-ins used were 3-band eq, MDA Delay, and TAL-dub-3.

I just updated the system, but linuxsampler still throws a routing error.

000-Test.zss (16.2 KB)

Тhe problem was not solved…

the problem occurs after updating the image “2020-05-27-zynthianos-buster-lite-1.0.0” and is present m initially in the image “2020-07-15-zynthianos-buster-lite-armhf-1.0.0”.

Regards…

1 Like

I was able to reproduce this on my first attempt so have added to GitHub issue tracker as issue #228. Let’s track progress there (rather than continue to fill this topic).

1 Like