Requests and announcements are made in Zynth club topic.
Thanks @riban, It makes sense :). A good landmark for me 
Hi @clandestino a french mate here.
I wouldn’t be so enthusiastic with these spanish guys
.
A so called “Alfonzo V d’Aragon” has stolen something here in Marseille:

Here is the stolen piece, in the Cathedral of Valencia (Spain)
Alfonzo V also sacked the city 3 days long …

Ok, it was in 1423, and … in fact … who likes chains 
Exclusive: I’ve heard that city of Marseille has still an official request to Spain/Valencia authorities that are on hold because of no response
They want the chains to be back !!!
Yes. it can’t be denied, so we must pay for our ancestors crimes by writing open source code for extremely noisy devices
I fear some old english lords also took some little “souvenir” in their friendly visits to their breton neighbourghs … and their descendants are paying in the same way too !! ![]()
But french? They never took souvenirs …
![]()
Hi guys…
I wouldn’t know what to say about all this history facts, I am really to ignorant about all that… and I guess many countries (esp. Europeans) have done terrible things in the past … 
But one of the quality of Zynthian is that it’s an international project, and also that it is music oriented, so that’s more than enough to get me enthusiastic
! Might sound a little bit naive
but anyway that’s my point of view !.. 
Ohhh!! We like to make this kind of jobs… don’t take It too seriously ![]()
I see, you make jokes even with the word “jokes”
! kind of “inception” joke I guess ![]()
It’s more like the word “jobs” making “jokes” with my posts … ![]()
Clearly some sort of electronic spirit message from the Apple Corps founder himself.
Hi everyone!
My name is Ricard, I live in Sweden although I’m originally from Montreal, Canada. Now a few years past 50 years of age, I’ve been into music and synthesizers for many years, although never professionally. In my younger days, I was into synthesizer design and construction. I haven’t built anything for many years though, although I’ve done a bit of repair and mod work on a couple of machines (Ricard's synthesizer page).
Traditionally I’ve stayed clear of software synthesizers, as I’ve felt they have been too abstract for me, as I really like to have a hands-on relationship with my instruments, but an instrument like the Zynthian seems to strike a very good compromise between a hardware and software. I purchased my Zynthian a few months ago, but haven’t had time to get into it until the last couple of days. Mainly my interest in a couple of instruments such as ZynAddSubFX, NoizeMak3r and Dexed, which I’ve already had some experience from in a laptop enviroment; these three for me stand out from the crowd in terms of sonic quality.
I’m a programmer by profession, so diving into the Zynthian code base is not entirely daunting, and it is rewarding to work with music related applications, although it’s always frustrating when starting out in a new environment when I have no idea what does what.
Recently, I’ve done a bit of work on ZynAddSubFX, including a voice limit feature which I think is very useful in a fairly resource limited environment like the RPi in order not to run out of DSP. I’ve had some issues with the Zynthian UI when upgrading ZynAddSubFX though, so I’ll possibly be posting in a couple of other threads with questions.
In the end, its all about music, which I enjoy playing, so I have to be careful not to devote all my spare time to software development, even though that is rewarding in itself.
Hello everyone, my name is Dirk and I’m new to the Zynthian and this forum. At the end of december last year I ordered the Zynthian Kit and when reading about chip crisis I am glad to have a Raspberry Pi 4 with 8GB RAM left and in reserve that perfectly completes the Zynthian 
First I like to say that I’m very surprised and impressed about the Zynthian! Hats off to the developers and the many efforts that went into the development - wow!
Right now I started discovering all the instruments and basic principles of this device. And I am very happy that there is the linux pianoteq plugin integrated out of the box. So I can reuse my “dusty” unused license
and have the pianoteq pianos together with Zynthian available in a compact and mobile device.
A few years ago I build up a Windows based VST host PC with integrated midi interface, small touch screen monitor - a lot of big stuff to carry. Now there is the small Zynthian device with everything on board, great. And I like open source and Linux. 
Thought I’d share a nifty pure data tool that’s helping me in my snails-pace progress towards what is now my dream of the Zynth as ultimate cosmic ukelele. (I’m thinking four TOF sensors as strings, and a 9DOF detatched sensor-sphere doing the fretting for me: the ultimate sonic fidet spinner. )

Here’s a picture of my friend Wendy overcome with emotion as she peruses my design notes. Also my friend Niki has dropped me a postcard to say he’s having a galloping good time playing the PD patch you’ll find below, especially in the VNC, but that I shouldn’t get all snooty because the choir he’s singing with now have been using these ideas literally forever.
Florian is a deep thinker. He says most music is pleasing like a nautilus, well more precisely like the human choclea of which C. G. Wright, Ph. D., UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, USA. along with some unnamed soul has kindly provided a picture. But Florian says he wants to see music (he’s a synesthete) which is as unsettling as a Butterfy Nebula. He thinks I may have helped him towards that goal in his own compositions.

So for all my imaginary friends and friends with imagination, here’s a link to an awful long clip of the midi PD patch wandering through pitch constellations and rotations, while I play with pedals and arpegiation parameters on the Zynth GUI. Baby steps, I know, but someday, cosmic ukele I’m telling you. The PD patch is the first (special) layer with the Pianoteq demo as a synth second. The PT U4 Midnight instrument has a felt peddle in the current Zynth Stable. This is a discovery that has allowed me to continue delaying paying the PT piper for Stage 7.
Be sure to route midi in the PD layer to the Pianoteq layer. (Bold push of the Select Button in the Layers menu with the PD patch layer highlighted.) There are plenty to go around, so I think you’ll hardly miss the missing notes in the demo and you can reboot the Zynth to refresh the upright piano after the 20 minutes are up. Seven of the eight controllers linked to the Zynth GUI are switches that change at 64. If I knew how route them to the switches I probably would have, but turning dials is much more cinematic anyway. I took the the video with my iPhone then added the file recorded on the Zynth itself in what we musically advanced cinema verite types like to call post-tonal production.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z3zEkCC57W7d6d82LA9e5HDQF7wny_-E/view?usp=sharing
ZPM.zip (130.1 KB)
Thank you all for helping me on my journey.
If you don’t want to wait for the movie, here’s the soundtrack.
Niiiiiice job, @AndyV !!
Try this in the yml file:
main_file: "ZPM"
midi_controllers:
Volume:
midi_cc: 7
value: 64
MoreSlow:
midi_cc: 3
value: 0
labels: ["OFF", "ON"]
ticks: [0, 127]
SoftPedal:
midi_cc: 67
value: 0
labels: ["OFF", "ON"]
ticks: [0, 127]
FeltPedal:
midi_cc: 69
value: 127
labels: ["OFF", "ON"]
ticks: [0, 127]
LHarp:
midi_cc: 28
value: 127
labels: ["OFF", "ON"]
ticks: [0, 127]
LHrndmzr:
midi_cc: 29
value: 0
labels: ["OFF", "ON"]
ticks: [0, 127]
RHarp:
midi_cc: 30
value: 127
labels: ["OFF", "ON"]
ticks: [0, 127]
RHrndmzr:
midi_cc: 31
value: 0
labels: ["OFF", "ON"]
ticks: [0, 127]
Man, your pd patch is really amazing!!! TOP TOP!!!
Thanks a lot!
The snapshot (on testing branch!):
004-ZPM#jam01.zss (28.2 KB)
You have to copy the ZPM directory inside:
/zynthian/zynthian-my-data/presets/puredata/generative
@AndyV , i would like to add your patch to the zynthian repo; do you agree? I supose yes, given the LICENSE.txt file you included 
Enjoy!!
Yes, I’m honored. Thanks for all you and the others have done. Your spirit is a continual amazement to me. I tend to be chaotic in my executions, but I tried to be more disciplined and modular. Just so that you and everyone else can feel free to change it to whatever suits you best.
Done! 
Amazing!!





