Ive tried so much to get it working

I never tried, but i don’t think you can run a Gorgona SD image on Orange Pi. You should use a specific Raspbian for Orange Pi, like this:

http://www.orangepi.org/downloadresources/orangepipc/oragepipc_e930546e866b23585721e5d2a6.html

And build the Zynthian on top of it using the setup script. You can try to follow these instructions:

but probably you have to be creative in the process :wink:

Good Luck!

1 Like

how did you solve it?

Patience… Which I might say I lost all off… Soldered the header on the hifi berry and just connected the lcd
I was using a USB sound card and i thunk this was the problem

Congratulations! You can reduce the font size to 10 or 12 from the webconf tool :wink:
Regards!

guys I’m almost speechless… just transferred about 5 gig of soundfonts to the zynthiam via scptransfer program, took latterly about 10 miniutes, very fast

now ive got a fully fledged instrument that will become a big part of my studio

I just need to make it look pretty now, I think I will try and intergrate it into a midi keyboard so its alike a all in one, of course with midi in and midi out etc

but for the moment , I’m going to make a small box for it

guys keep up the good work, soon I will try test the orange, when it gets to me

thanks guys

1 Like

well the orange came this morning, ill try install zynthium today :slight_smile:

4 hours in and it seemed to of failed. I think the 8g card I had wasn’t big enough… It was going good… I’ll try a bigger card at the weekend… Little Xmas party tomorrow

Tried this morning with a 32gb card

Getting some errors… It seems to go through quite a lot of compiling though

Error writing to output file… No space left of device

You should expand your partition before starting the script, my friend …
Take a look to the build instructions in this topic:

Regards,

how can I expand the partition? ive read the script thing but it doesn’t say anywhere what I should do to expand the size

My friend, have you looked at the setup script file “setup_zynthian.sh”? There is a fragment with this code:

if [ "$1" = "wiggle" ] || [ ! -f ~/.wiggled ]; then
	echo `date` >  ~/.wiggled
	./rpi-wiggle.sh
else
	./setup_system_rbpi_minibian_jessie.sh
fi

As you can see, it check if the partition has been expanded (wiggled) and if not, it call the script:

/zynthian-sys/scripts/rpi-wiggle.sh

Regards,

i think ill use the orange for something else, some small games machine

to complicated for me to program

atleast ive got the rpi working good

thanks guys