Just built a Zynthian and can't get past an ERROR screen

Hi all !

I tested my Zynthian box a bit further this morning to isolate the source of the bug. I suspect a faulty ribbon cable, as the problem appears even when i leave the ribbon cable hanging there, only connected to the Raspberry+HifiBerry block (disconnected from the AllInOne board and the screen).
I did a continuity test on the pin headers when the cable is connected and found (probably faulty) shorts between a few pins (red lines on image below).

Could anybody confirm if it is a cable problem ? Maybe i should have opened a new thread for that…

Thanks !

edit: I just tested the ribbon cable disconnected from everything else and there is indeed a short between wires 3, 4 and 5 (starting from the red wire). Should I send the faulty ribbon cable back to Zynthian headquarters ?

1 Like

I guess @jofemodo will send a new one and doesn’t need the faulty one back.

1 Like

It really seems like a bad ribbon cable …
We’ve built a “continuity tester” for the ribbon cables and we check every ribbon cable before send, but it seems that this time is not a continuity problem but a shortcut with some pins … curious!!!

Of course, i will send you a replacement ASAP, but i would like to have the broken one for investigating. I would like to know what the hell has caused the shortcut!! :wink: You could send it as a standard postal card for lower cost.

Thanks,

Will do !
Thank you @jofemodo :smiley: