Kit Q for Zynthian newbie

What’s the state of parts availability for a kit? I see that the case, screen, bag o parts, all seem to be available. And I already have a spare Raspi 4 and a hifiberry. I’m moderately good at soldering so I don’t need the fully built boards.

I’ve got a few PiSounds that I use all the time for effects running modep. But I’m interested in something for synths & sequencing with a display.

Thx!

Hi @gmb!!

Nice to meet you and welcome to Zynthianland! We are friendly guys, so don’t hesitate to ask all you want.

Regarding your question, currently we don’t have zynaptik modules, and it will take a little bit.
For the rest of V4 parts, we have everything except Raspberry Pi boards, of course.

Regards,

1 Like

Thanks - I can’t figure out which part the zynaptic module is. Is it something that can be substituted for? Like with a hifiberry?

From looking at the options in the web shop I’d need:

1. Basic Kit V2
  2. Screen w rubber buttons
  3. Spare parts
  4. Wiring kit
  5. Case which has heat sink

then my own pi4, power, memory card.

Please, take into account that v2 kit is not compatible with v4 parts. You can’t mix v2 & v4 parts “easily”.

Regards,

Ah - thx! - so the best thing to do is just wait then.

:wink:

Hi @gmb ,

here is the way how to mount Zynthian from scratch, not as kit.
You have Raspi4 a Hifiberry, so you need ZynScreen v1.5 and Controllers Set v3 & v4.
You will haven´t midi output and input by DIN connectors (becouse zynaptic module is not avalaible). For midi connection you will have only throu USB on raspi4.
On your side is make conection beetwen raspi headers and ZynScreen (courefull with correct possitions of pin). I have experience with coonnection by single wires with Dupont conectors or IDE cable, look at my experience with Zynthian from scrath. For this you can use Ribbon Bus Cable, here is litle limitation in lenght, but when you will be make good house box for all parts is possible using it.

1 Like