Latest musical "effort" 🧐 .. Thanks Zynthian

Sooner or later they will stop working. Only source code have some possibility of crossing the oceans of time :wink:

Cheers!

2 Likes

I’ll stop working too, sooner or later @Jofemodo :face_with_peeking_eye:

Unfortunately (or fortunately) my ears can’t handle sounds that are anything less than BEAUTIFUL.

2 Likes

In my life as a musician I’ve made a couple of mistakes… that of leaving the piano to study trumpet (the most beautiful instrument ever after the piano), but the trumpet requires continuous training in order not to lose the musculature of the lip… I was working then and was always away… so I switched to sax (tenor and soprano). So I have in my ears how these three instruments should behave and, until today, I hadn’t found vst or anything else that was in the least similar… I discovered SWAM… Below Anna verrà with the muted trumpet and soprano sax ending… … just wonderful sounds…

5 Likes

SWAM is an amazing software. It’s the “pianoteq” of wind instruments. We should try to convince audiomodeling guys to make available ARM-compiled versions of these plugins. I know they are “kind of interested” in zynthian platform, so perhaps some zynthian users that kindly ask about zynthian (ARM) support would be helpful. @pau , as we commented in your last visit, i’m pretty sure SWAM is perfect for your use-case :wink:

Best Regards!

5 Likes

Hi @jofemodo ,
In fact, in addition to weighing little in terms of space (I don’t know about CPU usage), it has amazing voices. I think I’ll write to Swam too to ask if their plugins work on ARM… A Zynthian with PianoteQ , SWAM and a few other analog sounds (stop for me)… a dream in the palm of your hand…

a dream in the palm of your hand… could be the slogan for the Zynthian…

3 Likes

@jofemodo My email to SWAM:

Hello, first of all I apologize for my english…
I am a musician and happy owner of a Zynthian, in which I have installed PianoteQ 8. A dear friend made me listen to your soprano sax… being a former soprano player… I was shocked… … MARVELOUS!
In my Home Recording studio, I never used vst of soprano sax or trumpet… because the ones I had tried were outrageous… perhaps the muted trumpet of Native instruments is saved… but too many Gb. Yours is very beautiful. I wanted to know if you are thinking of creating your plugin also for ARM… In any case I will buy it, but I would be interested in having it for Zynthian to use live.

6 Likes

This song “Quando” was written by Pino Daniele for a film by the great Massimo Troisi… In an interview Massimo said that Pino called him to tell him: “Massimo, I wrote a song… you give me a film for this song?”…Of course he was joking… Massimo is a national jewel that will be missed forever. I don’t think he is appreciated internationally for the fact that he speaks Neapolitan … but a film like “Il postino”, where he talks about the exile of Pablo Neruda … everyone can like it.

download (1)

download

Quando Pino Daniele
Zynthian: Piano, bass, DX7, Rhodes
Omnisphere: AC Guitar
EZDrummer: Jazz drum
SWAM: Flugehorn, soprano sax

4 Likes

Great renditions of two of the most beautiful songs ever written. :heart:

Lanfranco, Audio Modeling is Italian, you don’t need English to talk to them. :slight_smile:

Also, their products are available for iOS/iPadOs, and quite more affordable than the VST versions.

:star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: VIVA L’ITALIA :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:
Thanks @teknico

2 Likes

I absolutely agree with you!

1 Like

This time the musical effort isn’t mine, but I took @ivaneo’s song and with his authorization I put a drum kit and some strings on it. This track is beautifully harmonized and I couldn’t resist. Now I’m waiting for the composer’s opinion that he wanted drums but he didn’t tell me what kind.

Western Brass Band (by @ivaneo)

1 Like

The CD dedicated to Pino Daniele is finished and now I have started the one dedicated to another Giant… Ivano Fossati.
If Pino was difficult due to the complicated chords, Fossati is difficult due to the fact that the voice is always in the foreground… and therefore I show my weakest side… Then Fossati’s lyrics are true poems and I often I get emotional while I sing them… and I have to do them again a thousand times…

Settembre (I. Fossati)
Zynthian: Piano and Bass
SWAM: Violoncello

3 Likes

Águas de março by Antônio Carlos Jobim
it was rearranged and translated into Italian by Ivano Fossati who turned this wonderful text into a poem. I believe that Fossati is the only artist who has reproduced a song by Jobim, honoring him… even if Jobim is Jobim…

(a long time ago with my group with whom we played Bossanova, I sang this song in Portuguese… and therefore some words in Italian tend to sound bad… like “Profondo” which comes out a bit “Profundo” to me as he says the text in Portuguese)

La pioggia di Marzo (I. Fossati)
Zynthian : Piano, Bass, AC Guitar
SWAM : Flute
SWAM : Soprano sax
Kontakt Sanfona : Accordion
EZDrummer: Drum

4 Likes

Another wonderful song by Fossati.

La pianta del tè (I. Fossati)

Zynthian: Piano, Bass
Arturia: MiniMoog, Hammond
Kontakt: Accordion
SWAM: Soprano sax (Thanks @mbvs )
EZDrummer: Drum

4 Likes

Congratulations @Lanfranco :clap:

A very convincing and inspired rendition, of one of Ivano’s true songwriting masterpieces.

Bravo! :star:

Thank you @Aethermind , these compliments and constructive criticism are very important to me. Music has always been important, but in this last year it is life… I have gone through very difficult years due to my wife’s illness which has now resolved… and Music, together with my wife’s recovery and friendship of my wonderful dog Tesla, are the only silver linings now. This is also why I have to redo the voice a thousand times… I get emotional… Thank you

2 Likes

@Aethermind

I think this song is Fossati’s most emotional song ever… I hope for your opinion.

Dear @Lanfranco ,

I have to refrain myself from answering directly in Italian, but I will stick to the legitimate netiquette of this forum.

I am really sorry for the hardships through which you and your wife have had to pass. You are quite evidently a good man, and I say it in the most comprehensive sense of the word, at least going from what I have seen, read and heard from you in this Discourse.

I know what you mean, when you point out the strong emotional purport of Fossati’s music. I have made for myself a small collection of some of my favourite Italian songwriters’ works, adapted for piano and bass voice.

A few of Ivano’s highlights list in the portfolio, and I too must stop playing sometimes, when some refractions seem to coincide with my existential landscape.

I generally prefer the more universal and literary side of the music by Fossati, but there is one song (C’è tempo) that, for very personal reasons, I struggle to listen in its entirety, not to mention to perform to the end with the required artistic focus.

I leave you with two lines from the beautiful “Lied” by F. Battiato L’Oceano di Silenzio, which I think may embody what music and culture signify for certain people, with a fine brain and a pure heart in a hard world:

“Cosa avrei visto del mondo,
senza questa luce che illumina i miei pensieri neri”.

“What would I have seen of the world,
without this light that enlightens my darkest thoughts”.

All the very best to you and your family,

buona serata e buona vita :slightly_smiling_face:
:ringer_planet: :milky_way:

2 Likes

Thank you with all my heart

Grazie di cuore

2 Likes

I recorded the rough backing track “C’è tempo” for fun…The piano will have to be redone once the voice has been recorded to find out where to place the chord supports. Another masterpiece that I would like to put on the CD dedicated to Fossati… but I can’t really hear my voice here… Is it possible that there isn’t a beautiful voice who wants to record it? (obviously not for a fee… otherwise I know many… unfortunately…).

UPDATE with Ozone treatment
Zynthian: Piano
Kontakt: Sanfona Accordion
Kontakt: Symphonic Strings

3 Likes