Latest musical "effort" šŸ§ .. Thanks Zynthian

Hi @Nicolaz !

Could you upload this video to youtube??

Itā€™s better for sharing and the fantastic video deserves some sharing, my friend.

Thanks a lot!

4 Likes

Yes, i absolutely want to do that. I already planned to open a YouTube channel to load this kind of stuff. Hope i can do it very soon. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi @Lanfranco :slight_smile:

Sorry for your disappointment with the new HP workstation, but it was to be expected, partly.

I, for me, always steer away from former Hewlett-Packard consumer-grade computers, now notoriously of Asian manufacturing since quite a few years. Professional devices are still kicking and bright, but are very high-tier range stuff (certainly not the so-called workstations).

Win 11 per se is perfectly capable of running smoothly, on the right kind of computer, on the right DAW and with the appropriate degree of services and pre-loaded software customisation. To this end, I am afraid that 32 gigs of Ram are not enough, unfortunately, if you want to use effectively a quite efficient app like, say, Cubase Pro 12.

Alas, we all know the intrinsic limitations of behemoth all-purpose and resource-hungry operating systems, like Windows and MacOS (each with its own respective strengths and weaknesses).

Cheers!

As I wrote, 32GB of ram is also on the Macā€¦

Iā€™m using MixBus 32C V9ā€¦which is not the latest DAW and which, in my case replaced ProTools HD 12

An iMac like mine canā€™t be called professional, but I keep saying that with the same machines, considering that the Mac is much older than the HP (I7 3gen against i7 9gen), in my case, windows doesnā€™t make a good impression. ā€¦ I must say that I also hate the fact that thousands of advertising or news windows appear on Win ā€¦ despite the debload

ā€¦ and then a laymanā€™s considerationā€¦ try lifting an iMac and a workstationā€¦ the iMac is just a boulderā€¦ in every senseā€¦ in 6 years it crashed a only once

After the adventure with Win 11 and after having reassembled my iMac, I almost finished the song that the DSP of Win sent me at 100%ā€¦ On the Mac it reached a max of 65%.
The song is Anna verrĆ  which will conclude the 13 songs of my work dedicated to Pino Daniele.
This masterpiece is dedicated to the wonderful Anna Magnani, an Italian actress who has left her mark on the history of cinema.
Roma cittĆ  aperta film di Roberto Rossellini
download
download (1)
images

UPDATE with SWAM soprano sax
Anna verrĆ 
Zynthian: Piano, DX7, Bass
Omnisphere: AC Guitar
Native Instruments: Muted trumpet
Arturia: Pad
EZDrummer: Drum, percussion

4 Likes

This software is available for Linux :innocent:

4 Likes

Thanks @le51, in my infinite computer ignorance, I love Linuxā€¦ but I want to play and at 61 I canā€™t start studying new operating systems (new to me)ā€¦ I use Linux for everything related to Ham Radioā€¦ ā€¦ but only for that. So, given my age and lack of IT culture, Iā€™m staying on the iMac and then weā€™ll seeā€¦ :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I can confirm that making music in a Linux Desktop environment could be a pain.

No because, fortunately, Zynthian arrived and make it so easy now :partying_face: :laughing:

2 Likes

OPSā€¦ this is trueā€¦ but only because behind Zynthian there are people who know how to work and think MUCH better than meā€¦ :kissing_heart:

Once you accept the zynthian infeastructure then a linux desktop is worth learning. Windows and Mac do rather rely on their entrenched universes and the concepts are a little more axiomatic in the linux world IMHO.

3 Likes

Iā€™m sure Linux is an excellent operating systemā€¦ but what about all the bought (and not) plugins that run on Mac and Win?

I have tons of beautiful sounds in my iMac that I never want to lose.

And last (but not least) I love PLAYING and not becoming a computer expertā€¦ This little game of replacing an iMac with a Win 11 made me waste 5 days in which I didnā€™t playā€¦ Does not exist!!!

Just publishing the list would be useful to identify interesting products.

1 Like

No problem @wyleu:
PianoteQ with Elektrik Piano
Arturia V collection 9 + Augmented Strings, Augmented Brass, Augmented Voices, Augmented Piano
Omnisphere 2.8: with Moog tribute and Trilian
Native Instruments:
Horn Pro,
Symphony series Brass Ensemble,
Symphony series Brass solo,
Symphony series Strings ensemble,
Symphony series Strings Solo,
Symphony series Woodwinds ensemble,
Symphony series Woodwinds Solo,
Symphony series Percussion,
Accordion and bandeon,
Intervals Les Femmes,
Harmonica.
The Grandeur Piano (Absolutely replaced by PianoteQ which is light years awayā€¦)
EZDrummer Latin percussion, Jazz, Pop/rock.
I hope I havenā€™t forgotten any soundsā€¦

Effects:
Waves 10 Complete
Fab filter bundle

Example Omnisphere(voices) + Native instruments(strings) which I recorded for fun three years ago:

I used the simplified scoreā€¦because Bach is Bach and Lanfranco is Lanfranco :smile: :smile:

2 Likes

Sooner or later they will stop working. Only source code have some possibility of crossing the oceans of time :wink:

Cheers!

2 Likes

Iā€™ll stop working too, sooner or later @Jofemodo :face_with_peeking_eye:

Unfortunately (or fortunately) my ears canā€™t handle sounds that are anything less than BEAUTIFUL.

2 Likes

In my life as a musician Iā€™ve made a couple of mistakesā€¦ that of leaving the piano to study trumpet (the most beautiful instrument ever after the piano), but the trumpet requires continuous training in order not to lose the musculature of the lipā€¦ I was working then and was always awayā€¦ so I switched to sax (tenor and soprano). So I have in my ears how these three instruments should behave and, until today, I hadnā€™t found vst or anything else that was in the least similarā€¦ I discovered SWAMā€¦ Below Anna verrĆ  with the muted trumpet and soprano sax endingā€¦ ā€¦ just wonderful soundsā€¦

5 Likes

SWAM is an amazing software. Itā€™s the ā€œpianoteqā€ of wind instruments. We should try to convince audiomodeling guys to make available ARM-compiled versions of these plugins. I know they are ā€œkind of interestedā€ in zynthian platform, so perhaps some zynthian users that kindly ask about zynthian (ARM) support would be helpful. @pau , as we commented in your last visit, iā€™m pretty sure SWAM is perfect for your use-case :wink:

Best Regards!

5 Likes

Hi @jofemodo ,
In fact, in addition to weighing little in terms of space (I donā€™t know about CPU usage), it has amazing voices. I think Iā€™ll write to Swam too to ask if their plugins work on ARMā€¦ A Zynthian with PianoteQ , SWAM and a few other analog sounds (stop for me)ā€¦ a dream in the palm of your handā€¦

a dream in the palm of your handā€¦ could be the slogan for the Zynthianā€¦

3 Likes

@jofemodo My email to SWAM:

Hello, first of all I apologize for my englishā€¦
I am a musician and happy owner of a Zynthian, in which I have installed PianoteQ 8. A dear friend made me listen to your soprano saxā€¦ being a former soprano playerā€¦ I was shockedā€¦ ā€¦ MARVELOUS!
In my Home Recording studio, I never used vst of soprano sax or trumpetā€¦ because the ones I had tried were outrageousā€¦ perhaps the muted trumpet of Native instruments is savedā€¦ but too many Gb. Yours is very beautiful. I wanted to know if you are thinking of creating your plugin also for ARMā€¦ In any case I will buy it, but I would be interested in having it for Zynthian to use live.

6 Likes

This song ā€œQuandoā€ was written by Pino Daniele for a film by the great Massimo Troisiā€¦ In an interview Massimo said that Pino called him to tell him: ā€œMassimo, I wrote a songā€¦ you give me a film for this song?ā€ā€¦Of course he was jokingā€¦ Massimo is a national jewel that will be missed forever. I donā€™t think he is appreciated internationally for the fact that he speaks Neapolitan ā€¦ but a film like ā€œIl postinoā€, where he talks about the exile of Pablo Neruda ā€¦ everyone can like it.

download (1)

download

Quando Pino Daniele
Zynthian: Piano, bass, DX7, Rhodes
Omnisphere: AC Guitar
EZDrummer: Jazz drum
SWAM: Flugehorn, soprano sax

4 Likes