MOD Ui on Rpi screen

I just new using Zynthinan but I just thinking about put Modui on zynthian screen. You can use mod-ui only from a browser that could be ok with a pc/tablet/smartphone but in the idea to have only one screen (the zynthian screen) why don’t add a button o function to switch from the Zynthian Ui to a another UI session in the RPI with a browser with only the Mod ui calling localhost.
I think that this will be a better workflow for music production. With one button we could switch from the 2 UI without engage a external device.

Is it a bad idea?

Hi,
you can give a try by setting the display resolution of the computer running the browser with mod-ui graphical interface to 480x320 (as zynthian display) and see if that’s usuable.

2 Likes

at the moment i running a full hd resolution because i use a HDMI monitor. But i was wondering how create a second x-server instance on another graphics shell running only a browser (chronium, firefox or chrome).

Maybe some usefull informations here

I think this ties into the theme that has come up before and, even if it’s a very very big thing to accomplish, i think it could make the zynthian completely standalone wich would be soooo huge, for me at least.
I’m talking about custom screens, kinda like what the norns from monome does

i did it!!!
first i have install firefox

apt-get install firfox-esd

after from a shell i type that

startx firefox -- :1 vt8

No it’s time to assign a command on a gpio button press to switch from a video session to another. any advice ??

1 Like