Mouse/Touchscreen

Hi, I’m trying to control one of my Zynthians (encoderless one - with last stable) only with mouse and I’m finding a little problem with ZynSeq. Is there a way to use Zynseq only with mouse (and I think touchscreen as well)? How to reach menus, navigate, change values?
Thanks,

1 Like

I think this answer from @riban to a different question might help:

and it also points to a wiki entry that has more info.

2 Likes

Hi @ejdzi.

The UI is designed to be completely driven from touch or mouse. If there are functions unavailable then let us know. First check out the wiki user guide which has descriptions on use of touch / mouse only. Also ensure you have “Enable onscreen buttons” ticked in webconf INTERFACE->UI Options. This provides some extra onscreen buttons on some screens as required.

If using a mouse (or other pointing device other than touch) then you will probably also want to have “Enable cursor” ticked which shows the pointer on the UI screen.

Touching / clicking on the left of the top bar has functions including accessing menu and acting as a back button. Clicking on the right of the top bar occasionally has some function like toggling playback in pattern editor.

The touch / mouse interface is suboptimal as it was added to the core, encoder / switch driven UI but it is fully functional (if a little obscure at times). With the V5 having a larger capacitive screen we have the opportunity (and desire) to improve the UI but this is unlikely to port back to smaller resisitve touchscreens particularly well.

2 Likes

I had problems too. Touching on the left of the top bar only work as BACK. BOLD PUSH and LONG PUSH are not working so it’s impossible to enter the sequencer menu. Onscreen buttons and cursor are activated, but there is no difference. It’s the same using a mouse.

2 Likes

I confirm this is a bug. I will take a look…

4 Likes

Hello :wave:, I am having the same issues accessing any menus for Zynseq using a mouse. Are there any updates or work arounds for this bug ? Many Thanks. :space_invader:

1 Like

I have found (when using only touchscreen/VNC) that the only way to access the Zynseq menu is with either the keyboard ‘i’ shortcut or midi C4.

See below for some sections of the wiki regarding these interactions. I have experimented with CUIA controls with USB computer keyboard and midi controller but I still don’t fully understand the logic of how all the controls map to the interface. It doesn’t always do what you expect based on the control name.

One reason is probably that the CUIA section of the user guide has fallen out of date a bit (I realised after peeking at the code), it’s mostly still correct though. I want to have a go at updating that. It could also use some elaboration of what the controls actually do from someone more knowledgeable than myself.

https://wiki.zynthian.org/index.php/Using_ZynSeq#Menus_and_Parameters
https://wiki.zynthian.org/index.php/Zynthian_UI_Users_Guide#CUIA:_Callable_UI_Actions

I was going to reply to this post: Shortcut (CUIA / OSC) to quickly switch to sequencer or other pages? as I experimented with setting all the different view controls to my nanokontrol 2 midi device but it wasn’t working as expected. That’s when I thought to check the code…

1 Like

Any news on this bug?
It would be nice to manage sequencer options and being able to use the Launchpad and the Keystep togheter :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like